Chapter 12: Betrayed

Summer's POV

Once Michael went on stage, I finally felt myself relax. I moved closer, so I could see better and the lights shone down on him at the perfect angle. He got so into the music and it reminded me of myself, getting lost in a song. I found myself moving with the different beats and I had to admit that they were better than I expected. I figured they were going to be good because of how often they practiced but god, were they good. I didn't listen to much besides classical and I heard the popular top 40 songs because Adam listened to that. This was different though, and I loved it completely.

Their set ended and Michael walked straight for me off the stage. He was hot and sweaty, but I welcomed his hug. "That was incredible," I said into his chest.

He backed out of the hug, but still held onto me. "Yeah? You liked it?" he asked eagerly. He looked like a little boy on Christmas morning about to open presents from Santa.

I nodded and smiled at him. "I'm so happy I made it!" Then I realized that I promised myself I would leave right when they were done and my smile faded.

Michael noticed and cupped my cheek with his hand. "What's up, Winter?"

I couldn't help but smile at that ridiculous nickname. It was actually adorable and I loved it, but I would never admit that to him. I rolled my eyes at him. "I should get back home." I was reluctant to leave though. I wanted to stay there with him or just go where ever he was going. "Adam is covering for me."

"Adam?" He looked surprised.

I nodded. "Do you have something against my brother? I know he doesn't like you, but..."

Michael quickly shook his head. "Nope! Just surprised that he would do that considering what you were sneaking for."

I nodded slowly, not quite believing him but I let it go. I was tired of trying to figure out what I thought was right and who was telling me the truth. "Walk me home?" I asked, already knowing the answer would be no.

"I gotta help the guys, but when are you ungrounded?"

"Sunday, why?"

"I think it's time for a real date, don't you?"

I felt my cheeks redden. "Really? When was the last time you took a girl out on a date?" I asked. I wasn't really sure what we were to be honest. I wanted this to be a relationship, but I knew how he was with girls.

He shrugged. "Does it matter? I think the only thing that matters is that I want to take you out. You deserve it since it's my fault you got grounded."

"Ok," I replied. Something in the the back of my mind was telling me he was hiding something.

"So, Sunday at 6?" he asked hopefully.

His smile seemed to take my fears away and I nodded. "Sounds perfect."

He leaned down to kiss me deeply before walking away to help his band mates clear the stage of their equipment.

"You really think just because he's taking you on a date, he's going to be different with you?"

I turned around to see Jordan. "You eavesdropped on our conversation?"

"You don't know him like I do, Summer. If you want to avoid getting hurt, I would just stay away from him."

"Well you don't know him like I do!" I practically screamed at her.

She raised her eyebrows at me. "And how long have you known him? Like 2 weeks?"

I couldn't take it anymore. Jordan was just trying to get into my head because she had this obsessive crush on Michael. I walked away and out of the club. She didn't follow me and I was relieved. I couldn't stop the tears from falling from my eyes as I walked though. What if she was right and he could never be the relationship type?

Michael's POV

As I walked off the stage I heard Jordan's voice. Why is she even here? I stopped in my tracks when I saw her talking to Summer. When she stormed off, I wanted to chase after her but I didn't.

"What did you say to her?" I yelled in Jordan's face. She backed into the wall to get away from me. She gave me a smirk, but didn't say a word. "What did you say to her?" I repeated, my voice angry.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you were trying to hit on me," her voice trying to sound seductive.

I looked into her eyes and I backed away ever so slightly, but a part of me wanted to lean in closer. "And why would I do that?"

"Because we have history, Mike." She traced her finger along my jaw, knowing it would turn me on.

"God, Jordan. Why are you doing this?"

"Because you like it and you know I'm a better fit for you than her. And you can be with me with no strings attached. You think she wants that? Little miss perfect? I don't think so," she said shaking her head.

"Oh whatever," I said and gave in, letting go. Jordan, as annoying as she was, could kiss like no other. I closed the space between us, putting my on her waist bringing her middle to mine.

"Michael?" I heard a small voice behind me ask.

I separated myself from Jordan and gasped. Summer was standing there, with tear stained cheeks clutching her flannel.

Hi (: sorry this part is so short but a longer part is coming.

What do you think will happen with Michael and Summer??

Please vote/comment. xx zoe