Chapter 30: But It Feels So Right

Calum's POV

Summer had feelings for someone else? I honestly had no idea who it could be. The past year I noticed her watching Michael from afar even though she would say was avoiding him. They belonged together. I saw how they looked at each other, how she made Michael feel something again, how he made her try new things. The past year she also let herself go and stopped trying with school. I tried to help her but people need to help themselves too. She was doing enough to pass while I was there, so I hoped she was still doing enough. When I figured out Michael wasn't calling or even texting her, I knew I had to intervene even though Summer asked me not to. Michael at the party was a mess: drinking way too much and hanging all over that girl. I'm glad I got through to him and he was going to call her.

My mind kept going back to her saying she liked someone else. As I was laying in bed one night, it hit me. "No," I whispered.

"What is it, mate?" Ashton asked, propping himself up on his elbow in his bed.

I shook my head. "It's nothing. Go back to sleep." I can't believe I didn't see it before. All that time we spent together while Michael was being a dick, she was getting feelings for me. We were best friends. I was best friends with her boyfriend. This can't be happening.

Summer's POV

I knew this was a bad idea as I looked out the window at the cloudless blue sky. I hugged my small backpack to my chest as my stomach twisted in nerves.

"Have you ever been to LA?" the cab driver asked, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"Yeah," I replied, not believing that I actually went through with this. None of the boys knew I was coming and I didn't tell my dad or Adam that I left. I knew I would be in major trouble, but I needed to see him. So I booked a plane ticket and left.

"Where did you come from?"

"Australia," I didn't look away from the window. LA was so beautiful. I understood why Michael loved it so much.

"You don't sound Australian."

"I'm not," I snapped. I didn't want to make small talk. He took the hint and didn't say another word. Ten minutes later we arrived at the hotel that I remembered Michael mentioning them staying at. I was going to wait in the lobby for them.

The hotel was huge and I wondered how anyone could afford to stay here. I found a chair off to the side and sat down with my suitcase and backpack. After a little bit I noticed a small group of girls staring at me. I tried not to pay attention and keep a look out for any of the boys but they were hard not to notice.

"Do you have a problem with me?" I called to them. They shut up and looked away. I sighed and glanced down at my phone, contemplating on just calling Michael. I didn't want to interrupt if they were at the studio. I locked my phone and slid it into my backpack.

I had been waiting for almost two hours and was almost asleep when I finally saw Michael exit an elevator. My eyes popped open wide and I sat up. He looked more attractive than ever, if that was possible. His skin was still pale, his hair had just the right amount of mess, and he looked like he'd been working out.

"There he is," a girl's voice took me away from looking at my boyfriend. My head turned to look at the girls who had been staring at me before. They were looking at Michael and got up to approach him. I just sat there and watched as they shoved pieces of paper in his face and took selfies with him. I watched them walk away and one of them gave me a death stare. Why are girls being so rude to me?

Michael went to the front desk for something. I stood up from my chair and slung my backpack over my shoulder. I approached him nervously and stood behind him, waiting for him to turn around and notice me.

It felt like it happened in slow motion: his room key falling from his hand, his breath catching, my name forming on his lips, him coming up to me and grabbing my face in a kiss.

"What are you doing in LA?" His smile was the biggest I'd ever seen it.

"I needed you and I wanted a change of scenery," I wrapped my arm around his waist as he grabbed my suitcase and his room key off the floor.

"Let's get your stuff upstairs. We have the day off so we can do whatever you want," he kissed my forehead.

I smiled and leaned into him. I knew this was a bad idea, but it felt so right to be here.

Hi (: what do you think of Calum's POV and Summer going to LA?? Please vote/comment/follow - it really means a lot xx zoe