Chapter 26: Discovered

*3 weeks later*

Michael's POV

"I have a feeling about this one you guys," Luke said as he looked out at the crowd. "The crowd is huge."

He was right. Over the past year, our fan base had grown immensely. We had started a youtube channel and put up a few covers. Some people even travelled to see us play. I still got stage fright playing, but not as much. I was excited to have Summer here tonight. She hadn't seen us play in over a year and that was giving me added pressure. "Whoa, that's a lot of people," I peeked around the corner. We were still playing in the same bar in town but it was packed. There was about fifteen minutes until we started and I was beginning to panic.

"Shhh," Summer's arms wrapped around me from behind me. "You're so tense."

I turned around in her arms. "Have you seen the crowd?"

She smiled wide, "it's crazy! I remember the last time, there was barely anyone." I laughed. "You're gonna kill it Mikey," she stood up on her tip toes as I leaned down to meet her kiss.

"Thanks for calming me down a bit," I kissed her cheek before meeting up with the guys.

"Let's do this!" Calum exclaimed before we headed on stage.

The lights shone bright in our faces, almost blinding. Ashton started the first beats of the song and then the rest of us entered and then it was just the crowd and us. We went crazy, playing like never before. The energy was like nothing I'd experienced before. Everyone was screaming and singing along and I knew that this is wanted. I wanted to do this for the rest of my life.

"That was sick! We need to play like every show," Ashton said. We were all sitting backstage now. Our energy was still high and I wasn't sure it would ever go down. We were all extremely sweaty and gross.

Luke stood up all of a sudden as I noticed a man approaching us. He stuck out his hand and Luke shook it. "I'm Matthew Clarke. You boys sounded great out there." He extended his hand to the rest of us. This must be who Luke was always talking about.

"Thanks. It's great to meet you," Luke gushed.

"I really liked your set. I'd like to set up a meeting and see what we can work out. What do you think?" Was he serious? He couldn't be serious. I looked at the boys and they looked just as shocked.

"Sure thing. That sounds great," Luke spoke for us.

"Great, I'll have my assistant set it up." With that, he walked away and left us all speechless.

"What just happened?" Calum wondered aloud.

"What's up?" Summer asked, walking up with the drink I asked for. I gave the guys a look to not say anything about what just happened. Nothing was for sure and I didn't want to get my hopes up about getting signed.

"Not much. Thanks for the drink," I pulled her onto my lap.

"Welcome. Great show," she smiled. "I better get going. Walk me home?"

We stood up together, waving goodbye to the guys. I slipped her hand into mine as we exited the venue. "I love this," my voice quieter than normal.

"What?"

"Holding your hand, walking with you."

"Stop going soft on me. I'm beginning to think you like it," she shoved me a little.

"Maybe I do," I shoved her back.

"Michael!"

The screams tore me away from my moment with Summer. There was a group of about five girls off to the side of the bar waving us over, or me rather. I looked to Summer and she just shrugged. I squeezed her hand and started to pull her with me, but she stayed where she was.

"I think I'll stay here," her expression unreadable in the night.

"I'll only be a minute," I kissed her cheek and went over to the girls.

Summer's POV

I watched as Michael went over to those girls dressed in skimpy dresses and blinked back tears. Don't cry, I told myself. In the dim light I could tell they were much prettier than I was and soon enough there would be so many girls throwing themselves at him. I liked when Jordan was my only worry. I heard the girls laughing and saw them posing for pictures. I realized that I had my arms folded over my chest by the time that Michael returned to me.

"They were some fans. Just wanted some photos," he replied. He held out his hand, but I kept my arms folded. "What's wrong?" he asked, narrowing he eyebrows.

"It's stupid," I huffed as I walked.

"Are you jealous?" he guessed.

"Didn't you think they were pretty?"

"Honestly? I didn't even pay attention. I've only got eyes for you. Always."

I melted at his words and finally unfolded my arms. "Really?"

"Of course, Summer. I love you and only you."

"I love you, too. Sorry for getting jealous."

Instead of grabbing my hand, he put his arm around my waist pulling me close. "I'm not letting you go, remember?"

Michael's POV

I was so nervous that I couldn't stop my leg from bouncing up and down. Calum was giving me a death stare from across the table. We were in a giant conference room for our meeting with Matthew Clarke. I stopped bouncing my leg but a minute later I started again when Mr. Clarke walked in.

"Ok, you guys. I want to offer you a deal and I'm sure you're going to like it!" He sounded excited and it was making me excited. All of us had huge smiles on our faces. "I'd like to sign you to my record label and help you to record your first record! What do you think?"

We were all speechless, not sure that we heard him correctly. We all looked to each other and then without hesitation said a collective, "yes!"

"Ok, great! We'll have to work out the rest of the details, but I'd like to do the writing and recording in LA. That's where the studio is. I was thinking within the next few weeks or so of getting started. I know.." he trailed on but I wasn't listening.

I felt like my heart was just ripped out my chest. LA.

So I feel like I should have said this before but I'm SO happy for 5SOS and the record label (: yay!! anyways please vote and comment xx zoe