Chapter 32: Singing

Michael's POV

The next morning, I woke up to Summer in my arms and I knew it was something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. She was beautiful even when she was sleeping. I ran my thumb across her cheek as I noticed they were tear stained. She stirred awake at my gesture, her eyes fluttering open.

"Morning," I smiled. She smiled back, but I noticed it didn't meet her eyes. I sighed and contemplated asking her why she was so sad but Luke was still in the room. "We have a session today. Are you excited to see what goes on?"

"I can't wait! I've always wanted to see an actual studio," she stretched before getting up. "I'm gonna shower. How long until the session?"

"A few hours. You've got plenty of time." I loved how she looked in my t-shirt and I wished that she wore them more often.

A few moments later the water started running and Summer began to sing. I forgot how beautiful her voice was and that she could be a singer if she actually tried. I closed my eyes and listened, almost falling back asleep.

"Who's singing?" Luke's voice took me out of my dreamlike state.

I sat up in my bed. "Summer. She's singing in the shower."

"Wow, she's amazing."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, she's got some talent." I closed my eyes again and went back to listening until she turned the water off.

*********

"So this is the studio," I explained as we walked into the building hand in hand.

"Amazing," she breathed. She ran her fingers along the wall. "Are you guys recording anything today?"

"Yeah. We're recording a song called 18 today, I think."

"Cool, I can't wait to hear it!" she sounded so excited and her smile almost reached her eyes. I squeezed her hand before letting go of it and walking into the recording booth. I was up first.

Summer's POV

"I'm sorry about last night."

"You scared me," Calum's voice caused me to jump.

"I know that you're with him and I shouldn't have done that. Are we ok?" Calum seemed nervous. I felt horrible about last night. I shouldn't have even said anything to him about having feelings for anyone else because honestly I was just confused. Michael was who I wanted to be with. I don't know why I ever doubted that.

"Yeah, best friends?" He nodded, grinning. He pulled me in for a side hug as Michael began to sing. "He said you've been doing a lot of writing and that you're really good. Is that true?"

"Maybe..."

I laughed and hit him in the shoulder. "Don't want to brag?"

"Nope, but honestly it's a group effort. All of the guys are great. This album is gonna be awesome when it's finished."

"I have no doubts," I said before we listened to Michael record in silence.

"How was that?" Michael asked as he burst out of the recording room.

I walked up to him and gave him a kiss, aware of Calum standing behind us. "Perfect," I told him, my lips still against his.

"You know, you were singing pretty well in the shower this morning," he commented.

I felt my cheeks redden and I looked away. I always remembered my mom telling me I could sing when I was little, but then I quit and started playing the violin because it felt like less pressure while performing. "Not as good as you though," I complimented him.