Chapter Six ✓

THE LEGENDS ARE TRUE

"YOUR WOUND, IT'S HEALED." Jace said to Clary. My eyes widened. I looked over at her neck, and it was gone. Oh, my god. "How is that even possible?" Clary asked Jace. "So, what, I'm miraculously healed and all of you stunning people have magical powers or something?" 

"No," Jace scoffed. "No. Don't confuse me with a Warlock." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "A what?" I asked, turning my head towards him. "A Warlock." He said again. I still didn't understand.

What the hell was a warlock? 

"It's one of the downworlders." "Okay, you're not making any sense." I said to him, shaking my head.

"Warlocks, Vampires, Seelies." Jace explained. Tried to explain.

"Okay!" I yelled, "Enough, okay? You're literally going to make my brain explode!"

"Jeez, all right. Well, I'll keep it simple for you. All of the legends are true. We are Shadowhunters. We protect the human world from the demon world."

Demons?

"Those people you saw being murdered at the pandemonium they weren't people at all. They were shape shifting demons." "I'm not interested in being a part of your supernatural fight club," Clary said, "I just wanna find my Mom. The rest of it, whatever it is, all I care about is finding our Mother."

"Help us find her. Please." I begged. "I'm the best chance you got." Out nowhere, Clary's phone rang.

"Things are all... ripped apart." She said when she picked up the phone.

"I see you," Clair breathed out. She looked outside the window. I went to go stand beside her. "I don't see you." Simon said. I saw him through the window.

"Give me five minutes. I'll get dressed." She said.

"Clary, where is Bella? Is she with you? Is there a meth problem that we have to talk about? Is Bella doing meth? Are you guys on drugs?" Simon asked, worriedly. "Just give me five minutes, okay?" Clary hung up the phone and she looked down at what she was wearing. I was in my normal clothes, luckily.

"Um. What, uh, happened to my clothes?"

"Demon got them, remember?" Jace said, amused,
"Isabelle left you these."

I saw the outfits and I scrunched up my face. My eyes widened. They were... I'm not gonna say anything. "You're gonna make my sister wear that?" I asked Jace. 

"Isabelle is very... comfortable with her body."

"Okay..." I breathed out. "Let's go see Simon."