Chapter Fourty ✓

THE MORTAL CUP

AFTER THE STORIES, I KNEW WHERE THE CUP IS. "I know where the cup is," I said. My eyes widened. Oh, my god. The tarot cards! This whole time, how could we not have known? "Come again?" Jace asked. He walked in the room with his arms folded. "The tarot cards. Our Mom must have painted them years ago. The Mortal Cup has been hidden in the ace of cups!" I said, jumping up and down. Literally.

"Ok. Calm down, Bella. Jeez, before you break something." Jace said. I nodded, agreeing then I calmed down.

"The card looks exactly like it," I said. "Wait, why don't you people look happy about this?" I asked.

Then I remembered. Dot. Oh, god. "All we have to do is find... Dot..." Clary said, obviously remembering, too. "If Dot hid the cards when she was taken we don't have much time. If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup," Jace said. "If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyoncé riding a dinosaur through times square on New Year's Eve," Magnus said, being sarcastic.

"People would notice." "But he can control demons. I've seen it." "Mhmm, playing with a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect. Still waiting on Valentine's thank you card. Opening the gates of hell. That's a little more tricky."

"Valentine doesn't have the cards. I do," Luke said, he walked over to us. My eyes widened.

"You do?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "There in my desk back at the precinct. When Clary and Bella went missing. I went to the loft and cleared everything out. I didn't want them to track either of them." "That's great. This should be easy then!" I said. "Hmm, that's what general custard said," Magnus said.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Magnus is right. Valentine has spies everywhere. We have to be discreet." Luke said.

"Discreet? You look like you just came out of the mummy movie," I said, giggling. Magnus laughed.

"We'll go in the morning. Werewolf healing, remember?" Luke said. Well, this should be easy. I think. Let's find those tarot cards.