Chapter Fifty Five ✓

BREAK IN

BREAK IN

I WAS WALKING WITH JACE AND CLARY AFTER ALEC AND I WALKED OUT OF MY ROOM. Alec went somewhere else but I couldn't help admire the ring that he given me as I walked. I know that the wedding won't be anytime soon, but I'm okay with that. I'm okay if it's not in another ten years. 

"Simon, wait!" Clary said. We ran over to him.

Simon turned around. "What's going on?" Simon asked. "We need your help," I said. "the Book Of The White." Clary said.

"It contains a spell that can awake our Mom. But she hid it so Valentine would never find it." I added. "We have a lead," Jace said. I nodded.

"The Book Mark Of The White?"

"It's the piece of the book itself. Magnus tracked its owner to the Hotel DuMort, but...it belongs to Camille." Clary sighed. "Okay, um..." Simon exhaled, "I'll set up a meeting with Raphael." "Thanks, Simon," I smiled. Simon nodded, then we all went our separate ways.

-

I went to go find Alec. He was with his Mother, Maryse. He was talking to her so I didn't know if I should interfere or not, or eavesdrops, but guess what? I did. Go figure... "Mom, I understand you're upset, but this is..." Alec started to say. "You've embarrassed all of us." Maryse snapped. I frowned.

"Why? Because she's Valentines daughter?" "Yes. Why did you have to choose her?" Maryse asked him. "Alec, how can you even say that?" Maryse asked him.

"Because I'm in love with her."

"Now, I have to go find Lydia. Thank her." Alec walked away. Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair and headed over to where Alec was going.

"Alec!" I called. I ran over to him. "Bella, hey," Alec breathed.

"I tried talking to my Mother but..." "I know, I saw. She didn't look so happy." I frowned. Alec took my hand. "You haven't seen Lydia around here, have you?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Not since a couple hours ago. No."

"You still owe me that date." I grinned.

"I do." Alec smiled a little. "How about my favourite pizza place where I snuck out a long time ago?" Alec chuckled. We walked toward Lydia's door and Alec opened it. What I saw next was awful. Lydia was lying on the floor. The table was broken and Lydia was lying down on it. "Oh, my god!" I gasped.

"Lydia!" Alec yelled. He rushed over to her. "Bella, please go get help," Alec said. I nodded. "On it."