Chapter Fourty Five ✓

SEE YOU ON THE FLIP SIDE

I GASPED AS JACE CAME RUNNING OVER TO KILL THE OLD LADY. He stabbed her in the back, and then she evaporated. "What the hell!" I yelped, as I got up. Alec rushed to my side.

"Language, Bella. Not in front of the old grandma." Jace said.

I rolled my eyes. Does he always have to make jokes?

"How did it even find us?" I asked freaking out. I'm still scared about all of this. I'm not used to it. "I don't know, but she brought friends," Jace said. I began to look around and some of the police men's eyes turned green. "How can you tell? Bella, can you see?" Clary asked. I nodded, swallowing. "It's like seeing through a glamour, you just have to pay attention to the details."

I gulped nervously. "But I can't see anything. Why can Bella see and I can't?" Clary asked, with confusion on her face. I shrugged, pursing my lips.

"Behind us." Jace whispered. "I still can't see them," Clair says, as she shook her head.

"Okay, there's too many people."

"I don't say this often, but I agree with Clary. We gotta get out of here." Alec said. My eyes widened, "Yeah, that sounds like a good plan!"

"Hey, this way!" I said.

I smacked Jace on the shoulder. "Right." Clary said.

We all ran to where I said we should go.

"What's the unlock rune again?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows while I held up my stele. Instead of someone replying, Jace kicked the door with his foot and it automatically opened. "Open sesame." Jace said. "Go," Jace said to Clary and I.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Jace asked. I saw Alec stand by at the door way. "Alec-" I said.

"No, I'm holding them off. Take them back to the institute," Alec said. "No, if you're staying, I'm staying. We fight together." Jace said. "Don't be stupid. If the demons get the Cup, we're dead anyways." "I'm not leaving anyone behind." "You don't have a choice." "I know you guys are having a moment, okay? But we really gotta go," I said, freaking out. "Don't worry, Bella. It's not like this is the first time Alec has saved your life," Isabelle said, as she walked over to me. "And it won't be the last." Alec said. I smiled a little. He's so brave. Why can't I be as brave as him?

I dropped my arms and I ran over to Alec. Alec lowered his bow and I kissed him nice and soft
Which earned a small gasp from Clary and I heard a giggle coming from Isabelle. I wrapped my arms around his neck and I deepened the kiss.

I pulled away, "See you on the flip side," I said. Alec nodded. "See you on the flip side."