Chapter Seventeen ✓

ACCORDS ARE BROKEN

ACCORDS ARE BROKEN

"OUR MOTHER LIED TO US, BELLA. OUR FATHER IS VALENTINE." Clary said, as us five were back in the institute. "I still don't understand. How can shadowhunters be better then mundane's. Then what you people call... humans?" Clary asked the group. 

"Because we protect the humans from the demon world." Jace said. I scoffed. "You're right. Humans. You protect humans! You left Simon all alone in that stupid van! Great job, guys. You rock." I said, glaring at Isabelle.

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense." Alec said. Like Simon has any idea of what's going on.

Heck, I don't even know what's going on.

"Alec, not now." Jace said.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They want the Cup, and they think you and Bella have it." Jace said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "But why would they think that? Why would anybody think that?" I ask him. "What, our Mom lied to us our whole lives, and 'oh, by the way, Bella, there's this magic cup I hid on like the planet of Bongo, but don't tell anyone!" I said, waving my hands in the air.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Clary asks while sighing.

"We have to report this to the Clave." Alec said.

"Great!" I hissed. "They have to know what we've learned about Valentine."

"What? That he's Bella and mine's Father?" Clary asked Alec. "Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do to Simon?" "It's all connected. The vamps want the Cup."

"Why? It makes new shadowhunters?" I said.

"Nobody wants Valentine forming an army by himself." Jace explained. "Plus, it controls demons. They'll propose a trade. Simon for the Cup." "Perfect, just perfect. It's all because of a stupid Cup!

"So... vampires will trade Simon for the Cup, and Valentine will trade our Mother for the Cup." Clary said, "Either way, Bella and I loose someone we both love." "What if we just toss it up in the air and let them fight it amongst themselves?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"So this doesn't matter to you?" Alec asked me.

"Yes, of course it matters!" I yelled. "Listen," Clary said. "When you saved my life I put my trust in you. Now, I need you to put your trust in Bella and I. We can't turn into what you are overnight." I agreed.

"It's true. They were raised as a mundane's." Isabelle said. "What are you their spokesmen now?" Alec asked Isabelle. "We don't need a spokesmen, we need a plan." I said, glaring at Alec. And gladly, he glared back.

Time to come up with a plan.

-

"Look at all these screens. Can't any of these find Simon?"

"Where is he anyway? Some kind of crypt in Pennsylvania?" I asked, running a hand through my hair.

"Actually, no. They're locals. They're at the hotel Dunmort down in Gansevoort street." Jace said.

"And we came back here? Why? We have to go there. Come on!" I said, grabbing Alec's arm.

"We need a Clave's resolution for that," Alec said, taking his hand back then he looked at me again.

"The five of us can't declare war on the Vamps by ourselves. And we can't react without considering our reactions." Isabelle said. I sighed.

"Downworlders are slaves to their impulses. We're not." Alec said. "Alec, you can't just jump on all the downworlders." Isabelle said. "Oh, that's right. Seelies have their charms, apparently," he said, grinning at Isabelle. I stared at his smile in awe.

Snap out of it, Bella. There is no time for thinking of how attractive Alec is. "What are seelies?" I asked.

"like faeries. The Fair Folk." I still don't understand.

"Add pixies, nixies, elves... Anybody half-angel half-demon."

"Izzy can tell you all about them. She's got a thing with one of them." Alec said which made me chuckle.

"We've all got our things, don't we?" Isabelle smiled.

Her eyes flicker towards Alec's and then mine. Her and Alec shared a look. "Okay, I can't listen to this. Simon's been kidnapped by vampires. I guess we'll just take care of it ourselves." Clair said, grabbing my arm. "Clary, you'll get yourself killed. Bella and Simon, too." "Then help us. While we consider other options, our best friend is suffering. Is that something shadowhunters understand or are we just being mundane's?" 

"Clary and Bella are right. They made the first move." Jace said.

"We're gonna take care of this ourselves now, right?" Alec said. "This is a bad idea."

"What, you've got another one?" Jace asked him.

"Look, the Vamps have broke the accords. They kidnapped a mundane. That's a big no no. The Clave will give us a lecture and they'll be glad we did it. Come on. Hard to argue with that."

"Even if we went ahead with this, I don't see how we can get out of here without having to explain where we're going." Alec said. "We need weapons, and we can't let any one see where we get them. Come on, I know where to get what we need."