Chapter Fifty Four ✓

WHO INVITED THE VAMPIRE?

ALEC BREATHED OUT DEEPLY. He looked at his parents who stared right back at us. He pulled me closer as they stared. I looked down at Alec's suit and frowned. The whole crowd seemed to be standing. I watched Alec's Mother walk away, and then his Father, too. Don't they care about Alec's happiness?

Isabelle walked over to us, and she brought me in a hug. "Bella, Alec. I'm so proud of both of you. Welcome to the family, Bella." Isabelle said. I smiled a little. "Yeah, I-I guess." Alec pulled me closer. I smiled and buried my face in his chest. "Guys, that was incredible," Simon said, walking over to us.

Simon brought me in a hug and I smiled while hugging him back.

Simon was going on and on about how Alec and I were some part of a movie. I don't really know what he was talking about though, I don't really care. I'm just so happy. My smile was so big that it's going to hurt later. "Who invited the vampire?" Alec suddenly asked. I laughed, throwing my head back. "What, come on, seriously?"

"Bella?" I giggled. "Congratulations, you too." Magnus said as he walked over to us. I smiled.

Magnus brought me in a hug and I hugged him back.

"Thank you, Magnus."

-

After everyone left from the wedding Magnus was bringing us up to the room where he could help us find the book of the white. Alec grabbed my hand as we walked up the steps. "I pulled every item of magical importance from Ragnor's belongings," Magnus explained. Apparently today, Clary, and Jace were exploring a virtual reality world where we weren't shadowhunters and Clary and I were in art school and taking acting classes. We were all curious by the objects Magnus had zipped up for us. I picked up a book, examining it.

"But I can't determine which will lead us to the book of the white."

"Wait, this bookmark. I've seen it before. In the alternate dimension you showed me a book of spells. This was in it. It must have been the book of the white," Clary said. She picked up the bookmark. I looked at it, furrowing my eyebrows. "If that's the case we can use the bookmark to track the owner of the book." Alec said. I nodded. "That's a good idea," I said. I pursed my lips.

"Okay," Jace said, he reached for the bookmark and Magnus slapped his hand away. I chuckled a little.

"Warlock tracking is much stronger." Magnus said. He used the bookmark to track whoever had it.

"Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is I know the owner." "The bad?" Alec asked.

"It's Camille." My eyes widened. Camille? The same vampire Camille. It felt like forever ago when we last saw her.

"Camille?" I gasped. Magnus nodded. 

"Looks like Raphael has her locked up in the basement of the Hotel DuMort." Magnus said.

"Well, after Bella and I both punched her there's no way she'll help neither of us." Clary said. I sighed, running a hand across my forehead. "She won't have a choice." Jace said, "Trust me."

-

After we were with Magnus my sister, Jace, and I went our separate ways. I went back to my room to change out of my freaking dress. Sighing, I opened up the door where there was a rose on my bed. I smiled, walking over to it.

I picked it up while sniffing it. It smelled beautiful. I placed it on my nightstand and grabbed my regular clothes which were skinny jeans, a tank top, and a long cardigan. I then walked to my bathroom to change. I finished changing then I put my converses on again. I un-did my wedding style hair which flowed into curls afterwards. I always thought that Clary should have been a hairstylist. Plans change, I guess. Now we're shadowhunters instead.

After I finished I walked back out to see Alec standing there. I smiled. "Shouldn't you have knocked first? I could have been changing." I said. I walked over to him and smiled. Alec shrugged.

"Well, wouldn't want to miss that."

"Alec, I hope your parents aren't mad at you." I said to him. "They'll get over it. It was never their choice, anyways. It was mine." "Thank you, for the rose," I smiled. Alec stared at me, he had confusion written on his face. "What rose?"

My eyes widened. "You didn't give me a rose?"

Alec smiled. My mouth opened and I punched him in the right shoulder. "You-" I squealed as he picked me up and placed me on my bed. He began kissing me and I kissed him back. He laid me down then he stopped. Furrowing my eyebrows I sat upright. Alec was on one of his knees while holding out a small black box in front of him. My eyes widened.

"I saved this for you. I should have done this a long time ago before Lydia. I'm sorry, it should have been you in the first place." Alec apologized. "Alec, it's okay. It really is," I said, smiling. "Everything is... beyond perfect now."

"Well, you know. Except for Valentine..." I muttered.

Alec opened the box, and I gasped when I saw the ring. It was beautiful. Gorgeous. Absolutely perfect. "It was my grandmother's. Bella Jane Fairchild, will you do the honour of marrying me?"

"Yes, Alec." Alec placed the stunning ring on my finger. Tears spilled out of my eyes. Happy tears, not sad tears. "Yes, Alec. Of course I'll take this ring. I love you." I cried. "I love you, Bella."