Chapter Fifty Nine ✓

SHE IS SAVED

SHE IS SAVED

MY EYES WIDENED WHEN I SAW HER. He stepped forward. Simon and Isabelle were standing beside me. "Where's your brother?" Valentine asked us. "You'd think we'd tell you?" Clary snapped.

Simon put an arm out in front of me. "You won't have to," he said, getting closer to Clary. "Stay away from her!" Simon yelled. He ran forward to Valentine, but he pushed him away landing on the floor. My eyes widened, fear racing through me.

Valentine had his sword out ready to kill Simon. "No!" I screamed at him. Isabelle's bracelet tied a knot around his sword, but Valentine moved it and that sent Isabelle flying toward ground. I held onto the book tightly, glaring at him. I held on to it with my dear life.

"Stop!" A voice came from the other direction. I turned my head quickly and saw Jace pointing his sword at Valentine. "This time you're not getting away," he said to him. "Finally ready to kill your own Father?" Valentine asked him. A guard held Simon back, now he can't help us or go anywhere. The other guard held Isabelle back, holding up a sword to her chest. I stood with Clary. "I was protecting you," he said, "You weren't ready then, but you've grown."

"You've became the warrior I trained you to be."

"You trained me well." "And yet, I still have so much to teach you." "I brought you here for a reason."

"Look, fight me, or watch your friends die." Grunting came from the door. When I turned my head I wanted to scream. "No, Alec!" I cried. "Stay there, Bella." He told me. I can't stand the sight of him like that. With a sword holding up to his chest, ready to be dead if necessary. Tears filled my eyes but none of them dropped. I didn't want to cry in front of him. I couldn't. Love makes you weak, and that's the truth.

"See, you are strong. They make you weak," he said to Jace. "Let them go!" I yelled at him.

"You can have the book. We won't be able to stop you without it." I told him, pursing my lips nervously. "Ah, Bella. So much like your Mother," he grinned, "Willing to do anything for the ones you love. I'm touched. But... the book was never a part of my plan. I want you to wake up your Mother. I know that the three of you will join me eventually."

"You ready?" Valentine asked Jace. He then put down the sword. What the hell is he doing?

"If I go with you, promise me you won't hurt them," he said. "You have my word." Valentine said. "This is crazy!" I cried. "This is insane." Clary said. "I'm sorry, Clary." Jace apologized.

"Jace..." Clary whispered. I have a feeling this is not going to turn out good. "Saving your's and Bella's life," he told her. "No, Jace." I whimpered. "You can't be serious, Jace. Valentine is wrong. You're not like him! I'm not, Bella's not. You're not!" She said. Jace shook his head. "Don't do that, Clary. You don't know that."

"Let them go." Valentine said. I gave the book to my sister and ran over to Alec as soon as the guards had let them go.

"I'm so sorry." I sobbed. He wrapped his arms around me, and I embraced him in a hug.

"You're okay... you're okay," he whispered, planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Get back, get back!" Jace yelled. Simon grabbed Clary as she tried to rush to Jace.

"Clary!" I said. "Don't!" "Jace!" Clary choked. Jace held his arms out, not letting anyone pass him.

Valentine grabbed Jace's arm, Clary started screaming. Alec grabbed me and held me.

Everything was happening at once. Then, Jace left without saying anything else, and he went through the portal.

He was gone.

-

We were finally back at the institute. I couldn't be more grateful for Jace for having him save our lives.

He saved us all. I'm so grateful for that. Now we have to save his. I should have gone, I should have taken the sacrifice he had  made for us, but I didn't. He wouldn't have let me, anyways. Jace is too strong for that. I stood with Simon and Clary, wrapping my cardigan around me.

"Clary?" Simon asked her.

"We have to find Jace."

I pursed my lips. "He thinks Valentine did something for him. Raised him to be evil... but... I know Jace. He's good." She said. "He's tough, he can handle himself. Besides, knowing Jace I'd give it a week before Valentine's begging us to take him back." Simon made a joke out of it. 

"Come on, let's go." I said, frowning.

-

We were finally in the room where my Mom is going to be woken up. I stood next to Alec, bouncing up and down. Alec chuckled softly beside me, and Luke smiled at me. I couldn't be more happy.  "Do you really think this is going to work out?" Clary asked Magnus. "Let us hope," he said, as he started to do the spell on her. After Magnus was done the green potion around her body disappeared. My eyes widened and tears filled them, starting to drop.

I was sobbing when Luke lifted her up in his arms.

Mom looked at Luke and hugged him, whispering his name first. He then put her down and Alec let go of my waist. I ran over to Clary and my heart started racing. She turned around and looked where she was. She then saw Clary and I and we ran to her.

Mom engulfed both of us in a hug. "Mom!" I yelled happily. "I've missed you so much." I started sobbing. When I looked over her shoulder, I saw Alec smiling at us which made my heart flutter.

"Mom!" I cried again. "Bella... my beautiful Bella," she says, engulfing us even more in a hug. When she pulled away she placed her warm hands on my face and moved my hair away. I noticed Magnus smiling at us from the corner of my eye. "I'm so sorry I didn't tell you girls about your past," she said, looking back and fourth between Clary and I. "Not now, Mom. I've had enough for one day," I told her, giving her a small smile. When I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, my Mom shone her green eyes and looked at my hand. "Bella, what's that?" She asked me, pointing at my ring. Her eyes widened, as did mine. I completely forgot about that. I chuckled nervously.

Behind me, Magnus chuckled. "Well, her last name isn't going to be Fairchild anymore." She covered her mouth with her right hand. Alec walked over to us and smiled down at me, making me blush. 

"Oh... it's beautiful," she gushed. I blushed even more. "We've got a lot to talk about, Mom." I told her smiling, while the tears streamed down my face.

"Yes, that we do." She whispered, planting a sweet kiss on my forehead. She hugged Clary and I one more time, longer than the last time. I never wanted to let her go.