Chapter Twenty Seven ✓

RUNES CAN BE LETHAL

RUNES CAN BE LETHAL

I WANTED MAGNUS TO NOT HIDE FROM THIS BATTLE. So I did my best and tried to persuade him to fight with us. "Magnus, please. You can't hide from this battle. Look, Valentine found you once. He will find you again. We all need to work together. Please, help my Twin and I." I practically begged him. "I can summon the Demon, but you and Clary must make the demand." Magnus said to us. I nodded, pursing my lips.

"Now, I warn you girls... Retrieving your memories will not be easy." Magnus told us.

"Bella and I will do anything that what we have to do." Clary says.

"Alright. But we're not safe here. The lair's location has been compromised." Magnus said.

"Hold on tight, everyone! We're about to move."

I watched with widened eyes as Magnus did this weird thing with his hands, then the room seemed to spin. I gasped, grasping my hands on the edge of the couch. "Ugh, it's inventible. After each move I get the itch to redecorate. Normally I love a dirty lair, but this one just seems sloppy." Running a hand through my hair, I watched Magnus moved couches around.

"I believe in payment for services rendered."

"Thank you for defending the warlocks," Magnus said, handing that wonderful red jewl to Isabelle.

Isabelle gasped, staring at the jewl.

"I couldn't," Isabelle said, with widened eyes. "Oh, but you could. And you should. The Lightwood's have been wearing this for years." Magnus explained to Isabelle. "Besides, this would look silly on your bother." I heard Magnus tell Isabelle. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. "Okay, so how do we summon the memory demon?" I asked Magnus.

"Are you two certain?"

"Summoning a powerful demon could be lethal."

"Bella and I'll do anything to save our Mother. Where is the demon?" Clary asked Magnus.

"Okay, pretty boy. Get your team ready," Magnus said. Jace stepped up but Magnus stopped him. "I'm not talking to you," Magnus said, eyeing Jace.

"I'm talking to you..." Magnus said, pointing at Alec.

"Come with me."

"Everyone wants the Mortal Cup. Don't trust anyone, especially not the Clave." Magnus said.

"Then why should I trust you?" I asked.

"You guys shouldn't," Magnus said, "Only trust yourself." I gasped. "These chalks are beautiful," I said, taking them from Magnus.

"If a person wants their memories returned, they must draw the pentagram to summon the demon." Magnus said. "I can walk you through it if you guys want." "Bella and I got this." Clary grinned.

"Shadowhunter, prepare Clary and Bella as best as you can." Magnus walked away with Alec and I stared at the chalks again. I went to go sand by my twin.

"The memory is a greater kind of Demon. The rune will be far more powerful than anything you and Bella have faced so far," Jace explained to us. "Do it."

"It might sting," Jace said, he brought his stele up to Clary's shoulder. I gasped. Clary started screaming.

"Oh, great." I muttered.