Chapter Thirty Two ✓

FREEDOM

"LOOKS LIKE US THREE ARE STUCK WITH EACH OTHER." CLARY SAID. We were still in the training room, and Alec was training with Clary while I was still practicing with the bows. I decided to take a break and sit down. I placed my hand under my chin and watched Clary and Alec train. "For what it's worth I think your Mom was too tough on you back there." 

"Mothers are like that." Alec replied.

"Ours isn't." I smiled, remembering at how nice my Mom is. Alec turned to look at me for a second.

He then looked at Clary. "Go ahead. Knock me on my ass, you'll feel better," Clary said. I stifled a giggle.

"Hey, uh, guys. I'm gonna go change," I said to Clary and Alec.

"Okay. Meet us back here." Clair said.

"Rodger that."

I stood up and skipped down the stairs and back to my room. I had a quick shower first then I reapplied my makeup. I finished getting dressed and curling my hair. I slipped on my shoes. Smiling, I nodded then walked out of my bedroom. When I walked out I made sure no one saw me and I snuck out of the institute.

Should I even be doing this? What if they do catch me? I just need to get out of there. I've been trapped in here forever. I felt like I've been trapped in here for the longest time. I walked away from the institute and headed downtown, without anyone following me from the institute.

-

I made my way downtown but I also made sure I had some type of weapon on me because I don't know what's going to happen. Smiling, I felt free. I actually felt free. I headed into my favourite restaurant which was a pizza restaurant. I sat down and a waitress came over to me to take my order. "Thank you," I said, as she walked away with my order. Sighing, I got a text. When I opened it, it was from Clary and two were from Alec.

Alec: Bella, where the hell are you? Why did you leave?

Alec: Bella, why aren't you answering? Clary is worried.

Clary: Bella! did you seriously leave? You know what's out there! What is wrong with you?

Great.

I sighed, pursing my lips.

Why can't I just have some time to myself and enjoy a pizza? Like, really? They honestly can't miss me that bad. Yeah, I know the consequences for being out of the institute and I'm okay with that. I can take care of myself. A couple of minutes later, my pizza came and my mouth started watering. I thanked her then I started eating my pizza right away. The last time we were in here Clary, Luke, my Mother and I were out for dinner for they're  anniversary. I miss that. The door bell rang, signalling that someone came in here. 

Frowning, I looked down and I took another bite of my pizza.

"What the hell are you doing here? Are you seriously that stupid?"