Chapter Fourty Seven ✓

COMPLICATIONS

COMPLICATIONS

WHEN I WOKE UP ALEC WAS GONE. I glanced at the clock and it was about 12:00 Am.

Getting up, I got dressed and then I slipped my shoes on. I braided my hair in a French braid then I headed out to where the computers are, and to probably where Alec is with the rest of them. "Alec, what are you doing?" I heard Jace ask him. I peeked around the corner and I saw Jace and Alec. I looked up at Alec and my heart fluttered. "You can stare at this monitor all you want. They need angel blood to get past the wards." Jace said.

"You know that. No downworlder can come into the institute. Not without an invite by a Shadowhunter."

"Look, I know how powerful this Cup is. It has the power to create more Shadowhunters to control demons, and even kill a mundane. But I promise you, Bella and I will not let that monster get his hands on it." Clary said. I nodded, agreeing. I looked up at Alec again, who pursed his lips.

"There you go. You have they're word," Jace said, patting Alec on the shoulder.

Alec sighed. "Follow me."

-

I walked right behind him and I made my way beside him. We entered the training room.

"Alec, I realized I couldn't have done any of this without your help." Clary said. I stood next to Alec and he glanced up at me. "I wanna thank you."

"Don't misread this as friendship. Since you and Bella have arrived, our whole world has been turned upside down." Alec said. Ouch.

That hurt.

"Really?" I said.

"Thanks, Alec. I really appreciated that." I glared at him.

"Bella-" Alec started to say. "No, Alec. Save it." I said.

"What's going on with you two?" Clary asked.

"Nothing." We and I said both at the same time.

"Jerk." I muttered. I walked away leaving Alec with Clary. "Bella," Alec said. "I said save it!" People from the institute turned to look at me. I shrugged it off, ignoring them.

"Simon, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner," Clary said. She walked over to us. "Bella, look-" Alec said, he walked over to me. "No, Alec. I don't wanna hear it. Especially not from you."

Alec frowned, then something on one of the computer screens started beeping. "What the hell?" Alec questioned. There was a red circle on the screen, my eyes widened. What is that?

What's going on? "There's something outside the perimeter." Jace said. "I told you." Alec said. "Don't say it."

"What's happening?" I asked.

I squinted at the screen completely forgetting what happened between Alec and I. "Looks like someone's trying to break in." Isabelle said. My eyes widened.

"Oh, my god," I whispered.

"Could be the circle," Jace said. "Told you."

We each gathered a weapon. Clary and I were a little far behind. We met Isabelle, Jace, and Alec outside of the institute. Following behind them I noticed two figures up ahead from us.

"Don't move!" Jace yelled.

"Drop what you're holding. Put your hands up!" Alec yelled. He raised his bow. When the man turned around I could see the body that he was holding. My eyes widened, tears filled my eyes.

"Oh, my god. Simon!"