Chapter Thirty Eight ✓

BRING ON THE HISTORY

"TELL BELLA AND I WHAT?" CLARY SNAPPED. I leaned back against the wall of Magnus's place.

"What's so important that Luke risked his life for Bella and I?" "Everything that Jocelyn hoped to hide from you girls." Magnus said. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why?" I asked. "When you guys were younger, I'd watch you sketch. It was both of your bliss. You're gonna need some bliss now," Magnus said, hanging Clary the paper and me the chalk. 

"Back then there wasn't a day where we wouldn't draw. It was like breathing to us. Now, I-I look at that blank page and I barely even know what to do." I frowned, agreeing.

"Sometimes I feel like my art, and my memories.... our life... it just all vanished with that memory demon." Clair said. "Your art, everything that you are. You're still here." "You are both the women's your Mother always knew you girls could be." Magnus said. "But tried to keep us from being," I retorted. "That's why you need to know how you got here."

"Will this help me find our Mother?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.

"That's the only reason I can think of why Luke would be so adamant."

"We're ready," I say, glancing nervously at my sister.

"Bring it, Warlock. Bring on the history."