Chapter Fifteen ✓

THE CITY OF BONES

THE CITY OF BONES

"YEAH, THIS PLACE ISN'T CREEPY," SIMON SAID. We looked around the place. It was like a cave-type thing, torches were beside the entrance; Straight out of a horror movie. "No, not at all." I muttered.

"Don't tell me you're afraid." Jace said to Simon and I. I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "Are you kidding me? I was born afraid. Wait, that sounded a lot better in my head..." I muttered. Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair. "Let's check it out." Alec said.

"Wait here a minute. I just wanna see if it's safe."
Jace said.

"Why are we doing this?" Simon asked. Isabelle, Jace, and Alec walked away from us three. "We don't even know these people." I sighed. "What's wrong?" Simon asked me.

"I just wish our Mom trusted us enough to tell us about this. What a way to ruin our 18th birthday." I frowned. "What is it? What's wrong?" Clary asked Simon. "How are you not ultra freaked out about this?" "I guess I always felt like there was something missing. Some void that I couldn't explain." Clair explained to Simon. "Yeah," I whispered, agreeing, "Things are finally starting to make sense." "Clary." Jace called. "Or, Bella... Which?"

"I'll go," Clary said, grabbing my hand.

"Clair- no. You don't have to." I said, shaking my head and looking down. "No, I insist. You stay here with them." "Come on, Clary. Let's go." Jace said, "The Silent Brothers don't keep waiting." Clary nodded, and she kissed me on the cheek then she walked over to Jace.

"They'll hold a soul-sword to your head with its blade, carve the truth from your mind. If you're not strong enough, you will die." Jace said. I gasped, my eyes widening. "I take it back. That sounds level bad." Clary said. "Clary, you should know, the pain will be excruciating." "I'll do anything. Walk through fire, battle demons, whatever it takes. I have to get our Mom back." Clary sighs, "I can do this." "Yes, you can. You're Clary freakin' Fray. You can do anything." Simon said, grinning. "All right, hold up." Jace said.

"Surprise, surprise," Simon said, annoyed.

"No mundane's allowed. Just like in the training room, right? Well, wrong!" Simon said loudly, annoyed. "I've seen every horror movie ever made, and the funny best friend always gets left behind. Dead man."

"But by all means go ahead. Of course the minute you enter you'll die." Jace said to Simon as he was about to enter The City Of Bones. I bit my lower lip.

"Problem is now I don't trust you." Simon said. "He's not lying." Alec said.

"The rune energy in The City Of Bones will kill anyone who'll enter. So by all means, go ahead."

"Jerk." I muttered under my breathe.

Isabelle sighs. "The brothers creep me out." She said, "I'll mind the mundane."

"Your sacrifice is noted, Izzy." Jace said.

"Talk about sacrifice. I'm missing an financial analysis class." Isabelle chuckled, glancing at Simon.

"Yeah, I can't be here anymore. Jace, I'm gonna go mind the perimeter," Alec said, glaring at Simon.

"Bella, you're coming with me." He said, looking at me. I frowned. "What? Why?" "Because I said so. Come on."

Frowning, Clary kissed me on the cheek again and I silently followed Alec to run the perimeter leaving Clary and Jace to fend for themselves into The City Of Bones.