Chapter Fifty Seven ✓

HOTEL DUMORT

HOTEL DUMORT

I WAS RUNNING UP THE STEPS WITH CLARY THANKING THE GODS THAT I CHANGED OUT OF MY DRESS BEFORE THIS. I looked at Alec then at Jace. "Jace, what are you doing?" Clary asked him. "Every second we waste here Hodge gets closer to Valentine." He replied. "Hey, we're a team, all right?" Clary said. "I know you're mad right now, but Hodge could be dangerous." "Two of us, one of him. Check the math, but I'm pretty sure he's outnumbered."

"What is with you?" I asked him.

"Jace, would you just talk to me for a second?" Clary asked.

"Lydia, Hodge... all of this is happening because I didn't stop Valentine." "Jace, you cannot let emotions cloud your judgment. Your words, remember? When Bella and I first wanted to find my Mom, we didn't care about anything else. But you were the one that taught me that it's a bigger world than us." Clary finished. Alec came back, and he walked over to me while slinging his bow and arrows around his shoulder. "That's why you two need to wake her up. She was his prisoner, and his wife. If anyone can stop him, she can."

"Jace, listen to me..."

"You and Bella can both do this." 

"Maybe we can. But it's not about us, it's you I'm worried about. You cannot let Valentine's evil poison you!" Clary yelled. "Alec..." I started to say. "I'll be back." Alec said. He bent down to kiss me, and I kissed him back savouring every moment. He pulled back placing his palm on my right cheek. "I love you," Alec said. "I love you, too."

"He's my Father," Jace said, making me turn my attention toward Clary and him. "Actually... he's mine, yours, and also Bella's father.." Clary said.

"You don't get it," Jace said to Clary. "Jace.." Alec said, he let go of my hand. Jace walked away. Alec kissed my forehead before him and Jace both left.

"What's going to happen now?" I asked Clary. Clair sighed, frowning. "I have no idea."

-

"For Shadowhunters you don't seem to do a lot of shadow hunting," Raphael said. Izzy, Simon, Clary, and I walked into the DuMort Hotel to meet up with Raphael. "There's more to the job than just killing demons." Izzy scoffs. "We need to talk to Camille," I say. I stood by my sister.

"We know you have her here, and we tracked her to the Hotel DuMort." I added.

"It's true. But I'm afraid, she's a bit tied up at the moment. Is there something that I can help you guys with?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Just a second..." Simon said. He dragged Raphael away from us.

"I'll bring you what's left of Camille's things, but speaking to her is out of the question." Raphael said.

I scoffed. "Her things? This isn't the kind of book she would have just left." I say. "I'm sorry... but that's the best I can do." "We're supposed to be allies," Clary said. She walked up to Raphael. "And we are. But you Shadowhunters have no business to interfere with the Night Children's affairs." "You may look to the Clave for justice, but the vampires look to me."

"You're making a huge mistake."