Chapter Nineteen ✓

SNEAKING AND ENTERING

ALEC AND I SNUCK BACK INTO THE INSTITUTE. He lead me to where he kept his bows, and I made sure to stay quiet but I just had so many questions. My mind was full of them. "What does that do?" I asked Alec, as he lights up the arrow with his stele. He ignored me and I huffed, folding my arms together. I watched carefully as he lit it up.

I watched his fingers moved along with the stele on the bow. I then looked at his face.

He looked so concentrated. He always does. His parents must be proud of him. He noticed me looking and I blushed, looking away. "Alec." Said a voice. I gasped quietly and turned around, my hair swirling in my face. Hodge was standing there looking at us. "Didn't know that you and Bella were here." Alec quickly placed the bow down on the table and I glanced up at him nervously. "Yeah, no. I uh..." Alec stammered.

"Don't tell me. I don't wanna have to report you two." "It's just that, you know... Clary and Bella are..." Alec said, glancing at me. "Those girl's are Valentine's daughter's." Hodge said, then his neck steamed and Hodge groaned.

"The monsters daughters." Hodge continued.

"Anyway's. I'll leave you to it." Hodge said, like it was no big deal his neck burned. He then walked away leaving me very thankful that he wouldn't tell anyone about this. I just want to get Simon back.

-

"Izzy," Alec said. I saw her walk toward us.

"I got your text. Where are we exactly?"

Isabelle looks at me surprisingly due to why I'm here. "It's an old meatpacker's service entrance," Isabelle replied, grinning. Alec and I looked at her.

"If we go back there, we come up into the basement of the Hotel DuMort. Perfect, right? We distract the Vamps, and you protect Bella. Clary and Jace have time to find Simon." "Good plan. But hey, how hard is it exactly to kill a vampire? "Okay." Alec said, like he was bored already with this mission and he shrugged like it was no big deal. "It was hard work interrogating Meliorn get this Intel." I giggled.

"Great job, Izzy!" Alec said with fake enthusiasm in his voice. I giggled again. "You have faerie dust on your dress." I looked at Izzy's dress and saw sparkles on it. I chuckled.

"And I hate being the distraction," he continued as we started walking. "I don't." Isabelle smirks, linking arms with me.

-

"Wait, I hear something," Isabelle said, pushing me back beside her. We stopped and peered over the corner. We saw them and I gasped. Alec was trying to hold the door shut, and Isabelle cut off some metal with her seraph blade and stuck it between the two doors. Alec grabbed my arm and we backed up, letting the vampires try to come at us. "Do you think they know where we are?" Isabelle asked.

I still don't know how she finds this amusing. This is freaking scary. I glanced up at Alec and he placed his arm in front of me. "That's the idea, right?"

"How long do you think we're able to distract them for?" I asked, running a palm over my forehead.

"Ten minutes." Isabelle said. "Ten minutes? Are you kidding?" Alec asked.

"We're liquid lunch in five. So let's distract them." Alec said. "So let's distract them." Isabelle repeated.

Oh, God.

"You better get ready." One, two, three, Vampires came out of the door and Alec and Isabelle killed most of them. The others were scared, they backed up in the corner. "This is fun," Alec said, killing another one with his bow. How is this fun?

"Keep coming, boys!" Isabelle smirked. "Wait, I think I hear them!" I yelled. I heard Clary's voice. 

"Bella, don't." Alec said.

Ignoring him, I ran down the hall and saw my twin across the floor. I yelped and tried to run over to her until a vampire grabbed me, slamming me into the wall. My head hit it and I groaned. "Bitch you're finished!" The vampire hissed. "Bella!" Clary cried.

The vampire grabbed a hold of me and I screamed.

I'm going to die. I'm actually going to die. I let it sink it. I'm going to die! I saw Alec and Isabelle run in, Alec had his bow pointed ready to shoot at the Vampire who had a hold of me. "Let her go." Alec said. He pointed the arrow at the vampire and I gasped. What if he misses? Then he'll hit me. Alec pointed the arrow at the roof, he shot at the ceiling and the light came out which made the vampire that grabbed me look up at the sun. He soon disappeared and I screamed, covering my head as the vampire disappeared into thin air. I stared at where his body used to be. I ran over to the seraph-blade and picked it up. A vampire came over to me and my instincts kicked in. Gasping I ducked, and I stabbed him in the stomach. I gulped nervously and looked at Alec and Isabelle.

"I killed him," I gasped. "Bella, he was already dead." Jace chuckled. "Plus, he wanted to kill you. Remember that." Isabelle added, moving a piece of hair away from my face. Something my Mother did when I was upset or afraid.

"She did great, right?" Isabelle said, grinning.

"Yeah, you did. You should be proud, Bella," Clair said to me, walking over.

"Thanks, but it's not about me. Let's go find Simon."

-

"Simon!" Clary yelled.

We saw Simon with the vampire. Simon had a knife up to his neck and I gasped. "Get behind me," Alec ordered. I listened and did. "Clary!" Simon said. "Bella." he whispered.

"Listen to him, Clary and Bella Fairchild. I've had more than enough of your friend for one day. I'd love to cut his throat. Put it away!" "Simon! Simon, are you alright?" I asked.

"I wouldn't say alright." Simon answered.

I frowned.

"Stop talking! Now, if you would all follow me." He said. What's he talking about? Where the hell are we going? "Let's go!"

-

"Now, get out!" Raphael yelled at us. We were at the door. "No, not without Simon!" I said.

"Shut up! Open the door, right now!"

"Listen to him," Jace said. "But Simon will die." Clary cried.

"Clary, Bella, go." Simon said. I ran outside by Alec's side. I don't know what came over me but I embraced him in a hug. He hesitated, he still didn't wrap his arms around me. He just stood there, letting me wrap my arms around him instead.

"Shouldn't we get the hell out of here?" Simon asked.

He was standing outside. "Simon!" I yelled, wrapping my arms around him. "Why, Simon?" Jace asked. "They're right downstairs." Simon said. "So let them come, they'll die." I say. "Bella's right. They'll just turn into a bunch of fried eggs."
Jace said.

"Simon, I'm so glad you're okay!" I said, happy that my best friend is alive and well.