Chapter Thirty Five ✓

WEREWOLVES

WEREWOLVES

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW. Poor Simon. He doesn't deserve this. He's only human. He doesn't deserve to be in this world Clary and I live in. 

"Please, tell us if Simon is okay." Clary practically begged to Theo. 

"He's alive. For now." My eyes widened.

"Thank god." Clary said. I thought werewolves were supposed to be good guys? "You can thank whoever you want. But... if you two don't tell me where the Cup is then I'm gonna introduce you both to your new friend, Gretel." I heard growling. I turned my head, and gasped quietly when I saw the wolf. Oh, god.

"She's one of our fiercest worriers. She'll rip him to shreds. Your friend is dog meet if you don't hand over the Cup," he said. I groaned, stomping my foot.

"Okay! Okay." I said. "You win." I frowned. "We'll tell you where the Cup is. Just please, let Simon go."

I'm listening." I glanced to look at Clair. "It's uh, in the loft where you found Bella and I. There's a loose floorboard in the bedroom. My Mom didn't know that we knew, but she hid it there." Clary answered.

"Bring me the Cup," Theo said to his men. "If you guys are lying, I'm not just gonna kill your friend. I'm gonna make you watch as Gretel tears him to shreds."

-

"What's taking them so long?" One of the men asked.

I glanced nervously and looked over at Clary. Then the fire bell went off randomly. I gasped. "It's a fire, find it!" Theo yelled. "I'll take care of the girls, go!"

"No, Simon!" I cried.

Clary and I were dragged out side by Alaric's men. I gasped as Theo threw Clary and me in a metal box.

"No!" I shouted. Theo slammed the door shut on our faces. I screamed and pounded on the walls with my fists but it was no use.

"Simon," I whispered. "Where the hell are we?"

"I don't know, Bella. I don't know." It was so dark that I couldn't even bring out her face. I felt her hand touch mine and I scooted closer to her. "At least we're here together." I gasped as the door opened. I squinted my eyes from the lights outside then That's when I saw him. Luke. "I finally found you Clary, Bella." Luke said.

My eyes widened and I screamed. "You stay the hell away from us!" Clary yelled. "Clary, Bella!" "Don't be afraid. I traced Alaric's car to the pier when he didn't return my calls." Luke said. Why the hell would he do that? I thought he didn't care about us anymore?

"I'm here to help."

"Oh, really? We heard what you said to the precinct. You told all those creeps that the last 18 years were a lie." I spat. "Those were Valentine's people, Bella. I lied to them to protect both of you," Luke said, coming closer to us. "Don't you dare come any closer to us!" Clary yelled, holding up her hand with her stele.

"You want the Mortal Cup just like everyone else!"

The next thing I knew Luke threw me over his shoulders and he grabbed Clary. I gasped trying to kick him and I screamed at him. "Hey!" Clary shouted. "You and Bella need more training. And we gotta go, now!" "What? Hey! Where are you taking us?!" I asked him, he dragged us to where ever.

"Someplace safe." He said. "These people aren't messing around. They will kill you. Both of you. And I can't let that happen."

"Alec!" Jace yelled. "Got you." Alec said. I was cradled in Alec's arms and Clary was at our side. I looked up meeting eyes with Alec. Alec put me down then I watched with wide eyes as Jace kicked Luke where it hurts. Luke fell to the ground and Alec grabbed my arm.

"You guys okay?" Jace asked us. "We will be. Now let's go find Simon." Clary said. I nodded, agreeing.

"Clary! Bella!" I heard Simon yell. "Simon!" I yelled back. I brought Simon in a hug and Simon hugged Clary. "Oh, my god. Are you okay?" Clary asked Simon, "Bella and I were so worried." "I hate to break up this little reunion, but there's a bunch of werewolves trying to kill us so we should probably get going." Jace said.

"Wait, wait. The Box. Our stuff!"

"No, we've got it. I didn't screw everything up." Jace said. "Let's get out of here, then." Simon said. "Wait, Simon!" Isabelle said. I gasped when I heard growling. We all huddled in a circle around each other and I was standing behind Alec. "Whatever you do, do not make any fast moves." Jace said.

"This can't be good." I said.

Alec turned back to look at me then he looked at the wolves, "We're surrounded."