H & F

H's POV [ It's a surprise character :) ]

It was my turn to sleep and I woke up startled to my phone buzzing. I tossed around on the couch and he calmed me down.

"Hey, its ok. It was our phones."

"I thought the battery's were dead." I breathed heavily.

"Apparently not. Look at what it says." He leaned by me and i peered into the phone.

"Wait, that's only two blocks away." I brushed my hair out of my eyes and sat up.

"Yeah, between a bunch of zombies." He snorted and I nodded.

"It won't be easy, but I say we go for it." It's not like where we were saying was so great. It was dirty and shut up. We were visiting a few friends in their new house they had just bought. It wasn't easy surviving this.

We had to block ourselves in the newly created bathroom so the weird gas wouldn't hurt us if that's what it did.

He was skeptical still. "Look I think it's our best shot. If we take your gun and a bunt weapon around here, like the hammer in the kitchen, I think we could make it." He had come home from police training before he went to any army cooperation, a deal Him and his mother made.

"I don't want you getting hurt." He put his hand on my knee.

"I won't, I need you to trust me. We will stay low or we can even run it." I told him and he pulled out his gun. Checking his bullets, he spun it and shut it.

"Ok. But if anything goes wrong, I want you to run and never look back."

"But-"

"No buts. That's my deal." He firmly directed and I agreed.

"Ok, let's go."

We stood up and I grabbed the hammer before sneaking to the door and peaking out. There was a handful hanging out across the street and there were a few wanderers.

"Ok we sneak and then run if we have to." I nodded and he gently pushed my lower back to signal that we should leave now. Heading out the door, I didn't disrupt anything and he followed me out.

We had gotten to the fifth house before the turning left. It was a four way open street and those things were everywhere. He held my hand and squeezed before letting go. We crawled on the grass in the front yards. Only twelve more house. My arms were burning. Eleven. Ten.

I heard a horrible gurgling noise and then my body was slammed. A zombie had tackled me and this one wasn't stiff like in movies. It tore at my skin and ripped my shirt open. Claws dug into my abdomen and I screamed.

He shot the zombie in the head and blood sprayed over my face. Thick red liquid covered my eyes and lips. I gagged and he hoisted me up on my feet.

"Run! Don't look back!" A swarm of zombies started to approach him and I teared up. "Go!" He screamed at me as I staggered to the house. Nine. Eight. Seven. I looked back and he shot five zombies in the head. He picked up the hammer and took down another three. There was about fifteen more. My feet stumbled. Six. Five. Four.

I tripped and coughed up blood. Holding my stomach, I picked myself up, tears streaming down my cheeks. Three. Two. One. I collapsed on the front yard. Looking back he was struggling and I grit my teeth together spitting out blood.

"Help! Help us please!" I yelled, struggling to get into the house. I heard some noise and a hatch door opened. A boy with green eyes and dark hair popped his head up.

"I'm Percy, please come inside, quickly."

"But- Frank!" I choked. Percy's eyes darkened and he came out fully.

"Leo!" Another boy popped up and he tossed Percy a sword. Percy flexed his shoulder and grabbed both hands on this golden like sword. "I'm going to get him for you." He nodded and a blond girl yelled after for Percy. I lifted my hand from my stomach and red covered the whole palm.

My head became fuzzy and started to fall forward. Leo jumped out and everything went black.
~~~~~~

I coughed and woke up with a massive pain. "Ow." I clamped my teeth together and gripped something warm and something metal.

"Oh Hazel." Frank closed his eyes and held me in his arms as I lay in pain on a medical bed.

"Are you ok?" I asked him, tears in my eyes.

"I'm perfect." He looked me in my eyes and I smiled. I looked up and some people were waiting there for me.

"Thank you." I thanked Percy, who now had a new gash on his neck.

He nodded. "How are you feeling?" I grit my teeth and looked at my bare stomach which was wrapped and covered in gauze.

"Eh." I responded and he smiled.

"Well we are very glad you came here. This is Leo, Annabeth, Thalia, Nico, Jason and Piper. And I'm Percy."

"We are too. I'm Frank and this is Hazel. Thank you." I held his hand and smiled st them. A flash of pain came over me and I grunted.

"Once you get better and have some rest we will go over everything." I nodded and looked at each of them. They were best up and tired and dirty and yet they look happy for us to be here. They seem to have hope in this impossible situation.

"I'm going to give you some medicine and it's gonna help you sleep and take some of the pain away." Annabeth told me as she pulled out a needle.

"Ok. " I told her and she injected it. "Thank you."

I yawned and my grip on Franks hand loosened. "Thank you." I slurred and fell asleep.