Annabeth

Snow leaked in my boots and I was freezing. My feet ached and all I was thinking was its freezing and how tired I was. I've probably covered 5 miles today and it was just getting dark. I'll make camp outside or find people who will let me in.

All the porch lights of the houses were off. The snow was up past my knees now and now I was just hoping I could make it because this was just bad. At least zombies were slower, but then again, so was I. I knocked on the door that had brown paint slowly peeling off but an inviting look to it. I heard a cocking of a gun and was confused.

"Arghh!" Bang! A hole appeared through the door and a stabbing pain hit my shoulder. I cried in pain and knelt to the door. I was too slow and I was shot. I was shot! Oh-no, if they don't help me I could die. My friends would die!

"Please help me." I called out to the door.

"Ain't you a zombie?" Great. Now I was also dying from this persons grammatical errors.

"No, I knocked on your door for help. I need a place to stay, and holy crap my shoulder really hurts!!" I was almost crying by now from emotional, which rarely happens, and physical, also rarely happens.

"Fine. Fine. Come all in girly." A man opened the door and took my good arm. He was gruff and well built. The man had a gray bread 3 inches long and gray sideburns. He had dull, blue eyes and was bald.

"Can you help me?" I asked him as he slammed the door shut. He crinkled his large nose and smiled his yellow teeth, his pink lips cracking and bleeding a little as he did.

" 'Course girly I just shot ye!" He cackled a laugh. "Names John." John spit in his hand and held it out to me.

"My names Annabeth." I held my hand out, spit free.

"What kinda person would name you that? They must hate you!" He laughed again. I caught my tongue saying that I was a demigod and my mom was soooo much smarter than you.

"Nevermind that. Can you help me now?" I grit my teeth in pain.

"Sure I can!" John sat me down at the living room table. He pulled out tongs and I wondered to late what they were for. I screamed in pain when he shoved them into my wound and ripped the bullet out.

"Stop ye crying Anna, it's all done." John put the blood stained tongs down. "Fine, I'll patch you up and give ye meds since I did shoot ya." He sighed.

"Can i stay here for the night please?" I gritted my teeth through the oain and tears.

"Fine. But at 5 oclock sharp, you leave." John sighed. "Without breakfast.

"Thanks." I grit my teeth more as he wrapped a bandage around my wound.

"All done. You can sleep on the cough tonight." John set down the wrap and pointed at the brown, leather couch.

"Hm." I nodded at him with thanks and laid down on the couch. I pulled over the blanket from my backpack and fell asleep.

"Wake up Anna!" John shook me awake. The strips of sunlight busted in through the wood planks covering the window.

"What time is it?" I yawned and sat up. John stabbed a zombie coming through the door with a butcher knife. Another zombie crashed in and bit John. He pulled out his shotgun and shot it. The zombie flew backward and landed on me. Sticky red, black, and green blood splattered on me. I screamed and threw it off me.

"Anna!" John grimaced. "Don't you fudging die after I did. Shoot me." He was crying now. He's legs were rotting to bones. I sat in fear; I was watching a zombie transformation.

"Annabeth, shoot me now! Please!" I grabbed the shotgun and aimed at John. "SHOOT! IM BEGGING YOU!" He screamed at me.

"I...I can't." I was also crying now. I never cry. Stupid hormones.

"Please." John was now almost a full zombie with only his head human. I could see his rib cage and his guts. His heart pumped slower every second. "Please." He laid on the floor, sobbing.

"I can't! Im sorry!" Tears spilled out of my eyes. John shook his head and his lips quivered. Then, his face turned green and his eyes turned yellow and bloodshot. His lips peeled away to show mustard teeth. "John?"

He, or it now, charged me and tackled me. He went to bite my arm but I blasted his head off with the shotgun. I was covered in his blood. I whipped my face and flipped him off of me. The zombies around would have heard that. I much as hate to do it, I raided his place taking things I might need. I found pain medicine and rub away. Hopefully that would help with my friends.

I headed back to the bunker that day. Tomorrow would be day 3 and I planned to get back to my friends my then.

A/N:SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING AND IF THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT, BUT I AM SICK AND I WAS ON RESTRICTION WITH NO IPOD FOR A WHILE. WELL, IM BACK NOW. EXPECT AN UPDATE THIS WEEK OR NEXT. SORRY FOR THE WAIT BUT IM REALLY NOT FEELING WELL.