Chapter 1 : Moving Out

Inside a neat looking house, a youth could be seen in one of the rooms. The room was filled with sunlight coming from the window. The youth was basking in the sunlight as if he was being caressed by it. He was unpacking some stuff from a cardboard box. There were so many of them but it seemed like it was about to be finished.

"Whew, I think this should be the last one," Said the youth while gently wiping the dust in his hand.

The youth stood up and looked at the window. He smiled while seeing the quiet and relaxing scenery from his room.

"Finally I am going to live alone, I can't always bother uncle Romi. His family has always been very nice to me. Now that I am starting my college, I need to face everything myself." Said the youth, his face showing resoluteness.
He looked at the clock he just put above his desk. He seemed to realized something and quickly put on his hoodie, preparing to leave.

...

After about an hour driving his old magne-bike, the youth arrived in front of a house. The house was built nicely, with a hint of what seemed to be the newest technology appliances, such as magnetic receiver and automatic house control.

Just when he was about to hit the bell, the door opened and a group of people with a happy expression carrying a birthday cake came out.

"Happy Birthday Raka!" they shouted. It could be seen that the group consisted of a middle-aged man with a woman that looked like his wife and a girl with a face that resembled both of them.

Raka acted like he was surprised and smiled. He knew it would happen. Though, his smile was genuine. He really was happy.

"Hahaha thanks, all of you, you don't need to trouble yourself to prepare something like this. I am already 18 you know." Said the youth smilingly.

"What are you talking about? You are OUR family member. Don't tell me that because now you started living by yourself you don't recognize us as your family?" Said the middle-aged man. He had a big and sturdy body. Everyone could see that he was a martial artist or some sorts.

"Of course not, uncle Romi. I am really happy, you see?" Raka showed his smile to them, if someone was looking at him carefully, they could see the tears that swelled at the side of his eyes.

"I know that you had no friend, that's why we prepared all of this for you. Don't you know how much effort we put into making this surprise for you?" said the girl teasingly.

"Yes, I know Nina, you are the most caring young sister that I have," said Raka while patting the girl's head.

The girl has a small build but her big eyes were very beautiful and pure. She seemed like a cute and innocent young girl whose smile could captivate many young men. She was his cousin but after all this year he grew accustomed to calling her his young sister.

"Hahaha, enough all of you. Let's come inside, we can't let the food get cold. Let's continue the talk while eating" said the woman. She was a bit old, but her smile still radiating the maturity that she accumulated over the year.

...

The table was filled with a wide variety of food. There were fried chickens, fried vegetables, beef stew, and much more. The 'family' of four were eating and happily chatting.

"Raka, now that you start living alone, I can't help remember the day I brought you here the first time. You were very young back then. Don't you remember, Mira?" said uncle Romi, while sipping his tea.

"I still remember that time. Your eyes were very cold. Who could think that an eight years old boy could have such expression? It took us nearly a year before you start smiling" said the woman.