Chapter 39 : Their Past

On a field outside the Dojo, Raka was sitting cross-legged with closed eyes. He was surrounded by four white belt disciples. His mood was calm, it was as if he was blending in with his surrounding.

Suddenly, one of the disciples clenched his fist and threw out a punch toward Raka's face without any warning. Eyes still closed, Raka moved his head to dodge the punch. Even though his reaction was a bit late, he managed to dodge it by a hair's breadth.

Unfortunately, it wasn't over. Another disciple threw another punch toward his back. Because of the angle of the punch, Raka had to expend more effort to dodge this strike. Still in his cross-legged position, he crouched down until his face touched the grass to dodge the punch by another hair's breadth.

After successfully dodging the attack, he returned to his former position while still closing his eyes. Beads of sweat could be seen on his forehead. This training wasn't something ordinary and it naturally required him to maintain his concentration at his peak.

It was at this moment that another punch silently moved toward his face. This punch didn't have the slightest trick. Without any angle, nor fearsome power, the punch looked very ordinary. The only special feature of the punch was that it didn't emit any sound at all.

Raka twitched his eyebrows for a moment. He was unsure whether there was a punch coming to him or not. Right when the punch was about to hit his face, his body suddenly jerked and he abruptly moved his head toward his right side.

Alas, the punch was already too close. It cleanly hit Raka's left cheek, sending him tumbling backward with a thump.

"Ouch.. Ouch", Raka opened his eyes and growled at the disciple who punched him earlier, "Is there a need to punch that hard? This is bullying!"

"Oops! I thought you could dodge it", The disciple grinned bashfully, "Let's just start over, I promise to decrease the power!"

"Yeah Raka, we'll decrease the power." Another disciple said to him while smiling apologetically. But suddenly, that expression changed into one of an evil smile, "After all, this session will last for another hour. We can't let you pass out early, right?"

The two other disciples were also grinning. It looked like they were already itching to punch Raka.

Gulp...

Raka shifted his eyes toward an amiable-looking man who was leaning his back on a wall. His eyes silently pleaded for help, but unfortunately, the man only shook his head helplessly. This time, even Banu, his senior apprentice brother, couldn't help him.

He shifted his eyes again toward the four disciples who were acting as his 'sparing partner'. They were older than him by a few years and were considered the elites of this Dojo. They had won countless championships and won many medals. However, they didn't really care about being a champion. What they really wanted was to be the personal disciple of their teacher, Mr. Romi. That was the glory.

Unfortunately, that position had been snatched by Raka. At first, they were unwilling. However, after seeing Raka's prowess and talent, they had somehow softened up a bit. Deep in their heart, they knew that Raka really was the most suitable one.

Still, that didn't lessen their anger. At a time like this, when an opportunity presented itself, they would use this chance to wholeheartedly 'treat' their junior apprentice brother.

With a pleading look, Raka tried to somehow beg his senior apprentice brothers for their mercy. Unfortunately, that only made them more excited. It looked like they had a bit of sadistic personality hidden deep inside their hearts...