Chapter 18 : Ancient Blood Mage (1)

Congratulations!

You have changed your class to the Hidden Class : Ancient Blood Mage.

Because it isn't a normal class, the change will be permanent. You can never change class again.

Ragna had finally entered the path of blood!

Right at that moment, everything became distorted. The scenery changed completely. Ragna was now inside a huge battlefield!

He could see an enormous amount of troop fighting. There were magics thrown everywhere. The sound of weapon clashing into each other. The thick scent of blood. This was the great war!

One side had an insignia of white angel bathed in the sunlight, The other one didn't even have any symbol. In fact, they couldn't even be called an army. Their number can even be counted on hands!

However, they had amazing strength. Every one of them could destroy countless troops without even getting hit. There was a blade master who could slay enemies with its eyes closed. His swords took the lives of dozens of soldiers every time it got unsheathed.

There was also a woman standing at the center of an enormous magical symbol. The magical symbol consisted of thousands of much smaller symbol. Together, they made a great formation. Every time she waved her staff. A terrifying catastrophe would occur.

There was also a dark shadow rapidly moving inside the battlefield, killing countless generals. No one could even see what the shadow was. They could only see darkness before their soul left their bodies.

The most dazzling of them all was a handsome man in blood red colored robe. Every magic or attack thrown at him was being deflected by a strange red light. His walk wasn't fast nor hurried, but it seemed to cover dozens of steps just in a blink of an eye.

He waved his hand and the people around him withered. Whoever had their eyes locked on him, their souls would be instantly sucked into a void.

Countless angels surrounded him, trying to gang him into submission. Obviously, everything was for naught as the man couldn't even be hit even for once!

Every time his fist struck an angel, he/she would be withered into a speck of blood essence which he absorbed into blood orbs which hovered in the air around him. After a while, the man was surrounded by myriads of blood orbs.

He performed an incantation, which suddenly made the blood orbs flew into the sky. It formed the shape of a terrifyingly huge magical symbol, even bigger than the woman had. When the angels saw it, they were scared to the extreme!

A rumbling sound filled the air. Everyone saw that a crack suddenly formed in the sky where the magical symbol was. The pressure intensified. Everyone knew that something terrible was about to happen. Twelve winged angels tried to stop him.. but everything was too late...

Countless meteors fell from the huge crack in the sky. It was more than just a catastrophe. It was more like a doomsday!

It was the power of the Blood Master!

The scenery changed again, Ragna was back inside the altar. His heart thrummed heavily. He was truly excited!

Ancient Blood Mage

A mage who control the power of blood. By relying on their innate affinity with living essence inside the bodies of living beings, they can learn the secrets behind them. Furthermore, by consuming a powerful blood essence, they can even learn their might and use them in a real battle.

Unlocked the special stats 'Soul'

Skills :

Essence Mastery (Innate)

By using a refined blood essence, an Ancient Blood Mage could increase his own power permanently. Cannot be used repeatedly.
Skill Level : None

Blood Essence Refinement (Active)

Turn the fresh corpse of a living being into a refined blood essence. Use soul instead of Mana.
Skill Level : Beginner Level 1

Blood Orbs (Active)

Turn the blood of any living beings into a condensed energy that can be used as a projectile to attack your enemies. Use soul instead of Mana.

Ultimate skill (Locked)

No description available

By the law of the Blood Master, your existing skills will be enhanced by the power of Blood.

Stone Fist -> Stone Blood

Your physical body will be able to deal more damage. Damage from the after impact would be reduced significantly. Applied to all parts of the body
Damage dealt : +10% Rebound Damage : -10% Defense : +10%

Mana Strike -> Soul Strike

By focusing the essence inside your body into your fist, you could unleash a strike with great destruction power. The essence needs to be gathered first before it could be released. The amount of power would be proportional to the amount of energy gathered. The attack strikes at the very soul of the target itself. Use soul instead of Mana.
Special Property : Ignore Defense

Energy Manipulation -> Essence Manipulation

By controlling the essence from the opponent's attack, you could reduce or completely avoid the amount of the damage taken. When successfully executed, a part of the essence could even be used by yourself. Apply to both physical and magical attack
Maximum Essence Steal : 10%
Special Property : Require manual control.

Once again, the ancient voice could be heard. Even though it still sounded cold, it was far gentler than before.

"The path of blood has both sides of what you may call good and evil. The evil one was the scene that you already saw.. as for its counterpart, Blood can also represent... life !"

"It is the very essence of all living beings!"

"I tried to walk the path of good. But eventually, destiny made me tread the path of evil.. As for you, I hope you could achieve a perfect enlightenment regarding both"

"I asked you to carry my revenge. You may choose to refuse.. but you have accepted my legacy. Eventually, you will be pulled into that path, whether you wished for it or not. At that time, I hope you'll be strong enough to face everything"

"The truth is... to be able to succeed my legacy, you need to have a strong soul, to begin with. Passing the first trial was only the minimum requirement"

"Farewell, my apprentice. I hope you could find my scattered legacy and carry my revenge. I have a great hope in you.. and in your soul.." said the archaic voice before it went silent and vanished.

Ragna was dumbfounded by everything. His newly acquired class, the last words of the Blood Master, and the strange 'soul' stats.

But wait. What part was 'mage' about this class? In fact.. all the skill seemed very weird!

It was at this moment that Raka's inventory suddenly glowed in a blood red light!