Chapter 62: Etra Media

'Great... This is really great!'

Ragna was having an extremely satisfied expression after he came out from a desolate alley. He had just consumed all the Fist-type weapons that he could find. Everything was in order to increase his only Weapon's strength, the Ancient Blood Gloves.

'As I thought, this thing really is overpowered...'

Ancient Blood Gloves (Weapon, Two-Handed) (Ragna)

Attack : 119-120
Magic Attack : 119 -> 120

Unique Effect: Blood Consuming.
Can consume another weapon with the same type. Cannot be done repeatedly.

Unique Characteristic: Blood Evolution
Automatically consume a sentinel essence in inventory to evolve.

Damage +10% While fighting against stronger or higher leveled opponent (s).

After consuming a numerous amount of Common-ranked weapon and a few of Uncommon-ranked weapon, the might of Ancient Blood Gloves had increased by quite a lot. Now, it could barely enter the realm of Rare-ranked weapons. Of course, that would only be true if one only looked at the damage. The terrifying aspect of this weapon was its practical use by boosting both of the physical and magical aspects.

'Still, its consumption is really too much...'

Ragna silently grimaced while looking at the top leftmost of his Personal Screen. The amount of gold he had painstakingly saved had almost been emptied.

'I thought I would be quite rich just by selling the materials from the Red Demon. But, it turns out only Rare-ranked Materials such as the Horns have a decent price. The rest was okay, but it's clearly not enough to satisfy this Gloves.'

Ragna could just buy everything by using his contribution points. As long as the quest was still ongoing, these points were in demand no matter where he went. However, Dreg kept reminding him that he should no matter what, use the contribution points in such way.

Dreg was quite experienced in this kind of business. How could Ragna not believe him?

Before he knew it, the end of that day had approached. There was no other attack from the Red Demons.

...

Raka woke up from Maya. It was currently 5 AM in the morning, the perfect time to wake up in Indonesia. He tidied his room a bit before taking a shower. Today, he felt rather high spirited.

Many scientists speculated that Virtual Reality games could harm one's mind and put an incredible amount of strain on the brain. The realistic aspect of the game made it impossible to just disregard it as a mere game. The brain would automatically register the experience as a reality, a second reality. Or that was what they thought.

After the launch, Maya had proven to be vastly different from what these scientists thought it would be. There were no strain and harm inflicted to the brain, it was even beneficial to the mind and body according to a renowned therapist. The exhaustion that Raka experienced after the fight with the First Sentinel was very unusual. In fact, it seemed like Raka had done something he shouldn't do.

As for whether that would be harmful or beneficial to him, that still couldn't be confirmed.

After he finished the shower, he checked his phone. It was from his senior brother, Banu.

...

"Tell me, what this is all about," Banu's strict voice resounded inside the hall. It was still 6 AM today, Raka's morning training wouldn't start until 7.