Chapter 57: Battling the Red Demon Leader!

"Grraaaaahhhhh!"

The twin swords in the Red Demon Leader's hand shone in a fierce blood-red aura. Its appearance grew more and more imposing. It seemed like it noticed its master's feeling and also went berserk.

Ragna and Dreg felt a cold tingle in their neck. In front of a strong existence, it's normal for the weaker to cower.

However, Ragna quickly regained his composure. He was someone who got entitled with a Brave Challenger Title after all. Facing a stronger opponent was his forte.

Seeing how calm Ragna was, Dreg also loosened up. Facing this Demon, they had to cooperate to their fullest. There was no room for doubt.

Fortunately, after a series of battles, a seed of trust already grew inside both of them.

Even though they still couldn't completely trust each other, they had no problem cooperating together. In fact, they believed that neither one of them would abandon the other.

It was proven by the fact that after both of them split, none of them tried to escape to the direction of the base.

In Maya, after partying with someone, you could sense each other's whereabout. Of course, there was a distance limit, but it was enough to cover the whole forest area.

The fact that neither Ragna nor Dreg moved toward the base, proved that none of them wanted the other counterpart to doubt them.

They were showing their good intention and that made them gain each other's trust.

Back to the battle.

After releasing a furious howl, the Red Demon Leader charged toward them. Her speed was astonishingly fast, it suited her position as a level 50 Lord-type Red Demon.

Even though she was a step below BOSS-type monsters, her innate power as a Red Demon compensated them all.

Ragna quickly released an Earth Wall to block her attack. Unfortunately, it could only block her for two seconds!

'What a strong power!' Ragna thought to himself.

Even though Ragna had leveled up 4 times after killing the Scouts, he was currently just a level 24 mage. His Earth Wall's proficiency also couldn't be said as high. It was normal for it to break in that short amount of time.

After breaking the wall, the Leader found Ragna already in his fighting stance. Crimson-colored aura covered both of his hands. Strangely, she couldn't find the other human. It seemed like Dreg had used that short amount of time to hide.

Two slashes came crashing toward Ragna. Seeing their might, it would be akin to suicide if he tried to block it by using his fist.

Shua! Shua!

Ragna dodged both of the slashes by moving sideward and backward. Unfortunately, he had no chance to counterattack as the swords were already pulled back and were ready to be swung again.

Shua! Shua! Shua! Shua!

Ragna dodged slashes after slashes by a hair's breadth. He couldn't let his guard down even for a bit. He had to put all of his concentration in dodging her attacks.

It was at this moment that suddenly the Red Demon Leader felt a danger coming from his back. She quickly swung her swords to parry the attack.

The attack turned out to be flying daggers! Two of them!

Trang! Trang!

By swinging her swords, she deflected the daggers. However, the time it took for her to parry Dreg's attack had produced an opportunity for Ragna,