Chapter 52 : Dreg (2)

"Ragna? Shall we fight?"

Ragna stared at the young man in front of him with caution. The fact that he could escape from his perception was something out of ordinary. If not for the mistake he did at the last moment, Ragna would never have noticed him.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Ragna asked coldly.

"Me? I'm just a passing thief. Though, I'm not a normal one at that. I only want one thing, and that's the contribution points from that place," Dreg said while pointing at the Ruin with his eyes.

"I found it first"

"Doesn't matter," Dreg replied almost instantly.

Ragna frowned, he was unwilling to fight with this man he had just met. Based on his equipment alone, he was qualified to be called an elite among elites. Ragna wasn't sure that he could beat him in a one on one fight. Players aren't as simple as monsters, after all.

However, when there was no room for discussion, power became the only thing to rely upon!

Ragna quickly sprang into action by speeding toward Dreg.

"Then don't blame me for being merciless!" He shouted while preparing the chant for his spell.

Dreg's eyes glittered. He was already following Ragna ever since the fight between him and the first wave of Crane's group. Although there was a lot of distance between them, he had watched the fight with great clarity.

Naturally, he knew how strong Ragna was. That was also the reason why he didn't act at that time. He was unwilling to offend him as someone who had terrifying talent.

However, deep inside, he was itching for a battle! That was the true attitude of an exceptional player! That feeling when you encounter a
strong enemy and couldn't resist the urge to spar!

Now that he saw an opportunity, he naturally wouldn't miss it. Obviously, the contribution points he could gain from the discovery of the Strange Ruin held a significant part of it.

'Let's see how strong you are,' muttered Dreg inwardly while brandishing both of his daggers. The dagger was pure black in color and there was no light coming out from it. It was as if it could absorb the light in its surroundings. The dagger was actually a rare weapon that was ranked a whole realm higher than his armor, the two-handed dagger, Twin Night!

Ragna was also a bit shaken when he saw Dreg's weapon. He knew that it was a rare dagger capable of removing any sound and light when attacking. For a profession like thieves, having this kind of weapon was akin to sprouting wings for a tiger.

However, who was Ragna? He wouldn't cower in front of anyone. In fact, his blood was boiling in the same manner as Dreg did. They were both a battle maniac!

Before Dreg could reach him, his Earth Spike had finished casting. With a droning sound, the ground right in front of Dreg shook, revealing a sharp spike completely made of earth. Ragna had chosen the best timing for this spell. He chose the moment right when Dreg's foot was about to step, rendering him unable to change his direction.

Shua!

Suddenly, Dreg's body vanished into wisps of shadows. He instantly reappeared beside Ragna's earth spike, completely avoiding the attack.

Unscathed, he continued his charge. They weren't far apart by now, it would only take them two to three seconds at most to clash. Obviously, it wouldn't be enough for Ragna to cast another spell.

Maybe, he could cast another Earth Spike, but Dreg could just dodge it like before.

Nonetheless, he still started his chant. There was no way that someone could interrupt him unless the situation needed his full concentration. And that was when he was using the Essence Manipulation.