Chapter 24 : Money Trouble

"Never... reveal.. your power.. in front of them!"

Ragna was startled when he heard the Blood Master's voice. The voice echoed in his mind, telling him subconsciously that he should comply no matter what. For his own sake, obviously.

He tried to ask the Blood Master for the reason. Unfortunately, no matter how he tried to call him, the voice never came back. It was now his own choice whether to follow it or not.

Ragna naturally had to make a serious thought about it. There were many questions in his mind. First, what kind of power should he hide? Was it the power of Blood? Secondly, WHO should he hide his power from?

The duke? The Matrava Kingdom? or the Players?

It seemed like he had to be careful in using his power. The fact that the Ancient Blood Master tried to warn him meant that there would be a disaster if he disregarded it. As for how, he decided to not reveal the power of blood in front of everyone. That should include the duke, the kingdom, and all of the players.

He sighed, although he still had his magics, the majority of his fighting capability came from his close combat. The magic he had only served to add more tool to his disposal and to make a few tricks. It seemed like in this expedition, he had to solely rely on his magic to gain contributions.

It was right at this moment that a young man clad in shining white armor stepped into the podium. He had a short golden hair. He was handsome and had the bearings of the noble. He had a gentle smile on his face, it was as if he was meant to be a priest, not a warrior.

"My son, Artha, will be leading this expedition. He's still young and inexperienced. Therefore, I hope that he could gain something important from it" The Prawk city mayor let Artha stepped forward to take his spot.

"Greetings everyone, I hope there wouldn't be too many losses in this expedition. I also hoped that all of us will find whatever we are looking for" He smiled gently, capturing the heart of countless female players.

Raka had his own doubt. This young man in front of him may be gentle, but he seemed TOO kind. It couldn't be guaranteed that this peace-loving man could successfully lead the army in conquering the Astral Realm where dangers were everywhere.

"We will enter the gate in about an hour. Everyone need to quickly finish the preparations. Those who are late won't get a chance to enter until tomorrow!"

The crowds quickly dispersed. They need to prepare for their own supplies. As for the non-combatant, they too tried to find information on how to gain contribution points. Everyone was busy because they hadn't got any time to do anything inside the city because of the sudden event.

Ragna obviously had his own business to do. He needed to buy some supplies and find some equipment. Currently, he had none except for his gloves.

Wait.. Wasn't he completely broke?

Ragna finally realized the predicament he was in. He had no money at all. Without money, how the hell was he supposed to buy the potions?

He racked his brain to find the solution. Unfortunately, no matter how hard he tried, he never came up with any plan. Luckily he still had the materials left from the bears. At least he could sell it for one or maybe two Potions.

He quickly searched for a shop with a gentle looking shopkeeper. After a while, he actually found one. It was a shop built from tree logs. It was similar to log cabins inside camping sites. Standing at the cabinet was a smiling old man. He seemed very kind.

Ragna approached the old man. He tried to explain to him his current condition. He told him that he had no money because he had just arrived in the city. He also explained that in the expedition he may need some potions but he was unable to afford them. His face was full of sorrow. It was as if the whole world was being unfair to him.

The gentle looking old man listened to everything Ragna said. In fact, there were many people who listened to him. It seemed like his story had caught other customers' attention.

"Are you done" The old man answered with a hint of pity in his tone.

Raka nodded repeatedly. He was sure that his acting just now could acquire him an oscar.

"Screw off"

"Yes..?"

"I said screw off," said the old man, his smile was still as bright as the sun itself.

Ragna nearly spat blood when he heard what the old man said. This old man was too vicious! His smile was the polar opposite of the harsh word that he just said!

Ragna walked away dejectedly. His dropped materials couldn't even net him some Potions. Without those supplies, how the hell could he sustain as a mage? He started thinking whether to introduce himself as a martial artist without any skills instead.

It was at this moment that he heard a voice calling him from behind.

"Bro! Bro! Wait up!"

He quickly turned around to see a girl with a huge backpack running toward him. The girl had huge glasses covering her eyes. Her black hair was tied up in a ponytail. She looked like a plain bookworm who carried her books inside her huge backpack.

Ragna quickly stopped and waited for the plain looking girl to approach him. He never had any prejudice when facing females. He wasn't someone who judged a book by its cover. At least that was what he said...

"Yeah, what's wrong?" Ragna asked politely. Though, he seemed a bit uninterested..

"Huh.. Hah.." The girl tried to catch her breath. Before, because she was shouting, Ragna couldn't hear her voice clearly. After hearing it closely, Ragna was sure that this girl had a beautiful voice! Even her unstable breathing seemed quite pleasant to hear!

Wait that wasn't right... He didn't have that kind of fetishes.

"I.. can help you!" The girl looked resolutely toward him.

"Wait... what? Are you serious?" Ragna couldn't believe what he just heard.

"A hundred percent serious!" The girl nodded vigorously. It was also at this moment that Ragna was a hundred percent sure that this girl had a voice that could rival even celebrities.

"But.. why? I'm broke and I don't have any equipment to trade"

"Hehe.." The girl grinned "Of course I have a condition!"

Ragna looked at the girl with a complicated expression. It seemed like he was about to be taken advantage of.