Chapter 56: Decimated!

Pak! Pak! Pak!

Numerous arrows burrowed themselves into the ground where Ragna and Dreg were supposed to be at. They were carrying a blood-like aura in it. It seemed like the Leader's presence had quite an impact toward the normal scouts.

Ragna and Dreg rushed forward to the opposite direction of where the leader was. They needed to break out from the encirclement!

Shiingg!

The sound of a saber being unsheathed could be heard from the scouts that were blocking their way. A hint of a bloodlust could be seen in their eyes. They were truly enraged by the fact that many of their comrades were killed in the hands of these humans!

"Krapa akutalu!"

They were shouting words that were strange to human. It was the Demon race's language. Only the upper classes of these Demons could speak in human tongue.

Ragna and Dreg looked at each other's eyes while rushing. They seemed to have reached a silent agreement about how they are going to battle.

Four Demons directly blocking the way, while the others were heading toward them.

Two daggers wreathed in shadowy aura suddenly flew toward one of the four blocking Demons. The first one was blocked by the swing of his Saber, but the other was cleverly positioned so that it would hit.

"Arrghhh!"

The Demon screamed painfully from the pain of being hit by the dagger in his eyes. His saber fell to the ground while he was grimacing in pain.

Without any power left to block, the demon was hit by a huge boulder that was flying to him. Even though he didn't instantly die, this combination was surely able to whittle him to death if he doesn't get treated.

One down! Three left!

"Shadow Doppelganger!"

Dreg's body turned into a shadowy substance before splitting into four. It was his signature skill, one that had forced Ragna to a corner!

Three of the clones were sent to the three Demons, engaging them into a one vs one battle. Of course, the clones couldn't actually battle. Dreg was somewhere inside one of these clones.

Despite that, it was enough to confuse them for a short amount of time.

Ragna also picked a Demon to fight with. His right hand was already shining with crimson color, it was his Crimson Claw Strike!

He hit the wrist where the Demon held his saber, dissipating its strength. Then he launched his counterattack, striking the Demon's throat!

A critical hit!

Because of Dreg's clone's interference, the Demon couldn't properly react to Ragna's attack, resulting in him receiving the full brunt of Ragna's Crimson Claw Strike!

Even though the Clone couldn't attack, it could still distract the enemy. After all, you wouldn't be able to know whether if it was a clone or not.

The Demon was thrown flying backward. One couldn't underestimate the power behind Ragna's punch. After eating a lot of essences and bonus stat points, his power was comparable to level 32-ish elite players. Adding his title, he was even stronger than Dreg, total-stat wise.

Of course, Ragna's specialty was his strong physical and magical attack. If he was to be compared with Dreg in pure physical damage, Dreg would undoubtedly win.

Seeing their comrade flying from a punch, the two remaining Demons were enraged. They decided to abandon the Clone that was busily evading their attack and rushed to attack Ragna.