Chapter 59: Great Rewards

Ragna and Dreg made their way to the base after killing the Red Demon Leader. They could notice that no other scout was present on their way back. Even though it was impossible to say that they cleared them all, a huge portion of them had already died and it was sure to create some ruckus on the Demon side.

At least, they wouldn't advance at the same pace.

Ragna had forgotten the incident that happened between him and the Red Demon Leader. He had a lot of matter to think of in his head. It was about Maya's origin, the creation of the virtual reality, the philosophy behind humans, etc etc.

No, that was not right, he was just thinking about money.

'Damn it, isn't this a dream job? I could play and earn money at the same time!' He thought inwardly.

Before he knew it, he already arrived at the base. The base had now finished its construction. Even though everything was portable, it had a lot of things and was quite decent.

Ragna looked at the time, only a few hours had passed from the 8 hours frame. Yet, many people could be seen at the base. They were busy repairing their equipment and replenishing their health. The base was designed for the purpose to do so.

Some of them had a restless face. It was apparent that they had noticed the Red Demon Invasion. However, unless they had confronted the scouts by themselves and killed at least one of them, they couldn't report it to the army. The army wouldn't move from a baseless assumption after all.

Only Ragna and Dreg were qualified to do so. They had all sort of proofs to prove their claim. On top of it, they had also made sure that no one stole their achievement. As someone who was labeled as unscrupulous, Ragna wouldn't forget that simple matter.

They immediately went to the Expedition Leader's tent. After showing one of the loots from the Red Demon they had killed, they were permitted to enter.

...

Inside the tent.

Artha, the Expedition Leader, was silently contemplating by himself.

"I need to quickly find it before the Demon notice. It would be bad if the invasion starts and we are forced to retreat after the duration ends," He muttered to himself.

He had a troubled expression on his face. He let out a sigh and reached the necklace that was hung on his neck.

"Father... He doesn't have much time left. I need to find 'it' to acquire the power needed to succeed him," his hand firmly grabbed the necklace. It was a present from his beloved father. The Duke.

Suddenly, he heard a shout from outside. He quickly changed his expression back to his usual and dignified one.

"Greetings, Adventurers. What matter has brought you here?" Artha greeted them.

Both Dreg and Ragna nodded respectfully, "Prince, we have information regarding the Red Demon"

Artha frowned slightly, "Is that true? Show me the proof"

Ragna quickly showed him the loot and the equipment they gained from killing them. Artha's eyes widened after he saw them. He hurriedly replied.

"Oh, Lord... It must be the Invasion. Quick, tell me when did you encounter them? We have to prepare!"

Ragna smiled, "We have just encountered them. But please relax, we have killed most of their scouts and even their leader. We're sure that they won't hastily attack us. At least for today."

Artha's expression was one of a disbelief. "How could you kill them? You are but a two person. One squad are comprised of quite an amount of people. On top of it, the Leaders' power are equal to my Generals!"

"This is the proof," Ragna showed him the Sword of Insanity that the Leader dropped.

"This... This is their sword! And it should only be wielded by their high ranking member! You... Don't tell me both of you really killed the Scout Leader?"

Both Ragna and Dreg only smiled in response.

"Hahahaha... Great... Great. If that's the truth then they surely won't attack us. We will have a lot of time to prepare and that would greatly reduce the casualty from our side." He then looked at both Ragna and Dreg, "You have rendered a great merit for us"

Ding!

You have accomplished a great deed!

By noticing the Army from the upcoming Invasion, you have helped them to prepare. Their casualty will reduce and their chance in repelling the invasion will raise!

You have been awarded by 500 Contribution Points.

The Army will have a slightly more favorable feeling toward you.

It will be much easier for you to unlock special quest in Prawk City.

You have gained 8.500 Experience Points.

Ding!

Hidden Achievement unlocked!

By killing the Scouts and the Leader, you have bought more time for the army. Their casualty will be reduced significantly.

You have been awarded by 1000 Contribution Points.

Artha and The Generals have been impressed by you.

You could unlock special quests after returning to the City.

You have gained 16.500 Experience Points.

You have gained a special reward: All Stats +2

You have leveled upYou have leveled upYou have leveled up

Ragna felt a surge of light enveloping his body. After killing the Red Demons, he had leveled up to level 23. Adding the experience from the Red Demon Leader, his level had reached 24. Now he gained yet another 3 levels, making him level 27.

He was just a level behind Crane now.

If it was now, Ragna wouldn't be put into that kind of a dangerous situation again when facing Crane and his team. It would be much easier for him to deal with them.

Dreg also had an expression full of joy. He suddenly remembered of the Strange Ruin thing, and said, "I have no more matter here, but my friend has another important thing to say. I'll respectfully take my leave," just when he was about to turn around Ragna suddenly grabbed him by his shoulder.

"It's okay, stay here," He smiled at him.

Dreg felt a surge of warm feeling in his heart. He didn't expect that Ragna was willing to share his achievement with him. It seemed like both of them had grown a sense of camaraderie between each other.

At first, Ragna was suspicious of Dreg. However, after fighting alongside him, he could tell that Dreg was actually a good person. Even if he was a bit cunning, he wasn't someone that would betray his friend.

'I trust him,' that was his judgment of Dreg. After seeing many people who harbored bad intentions toward him, Ragna could somewhat differentiate them. It was a trait that he acquired during his dark days.

"Oh, what is it?" Artha still had a smile plastered on his face. The thought of reducing the casualty of his citizen was enough to greatly elevate his mood.

"We found a strange ruin near the lake where the Dark Wolf resides. The ruin was suspicious and we think that it must be something important"

"Ruin? Does it look like a broken Ruin? Is there a magical circle at its center?"

"Yeah, and there's one more thing. Monsters can't enter it. It seems like they were blocked by a transparent wall"

The Prince's eyes widened. His body trembled and excitement could be seen in his eyes.

"That... That must be the Ruin of Manifestation!"