Chapter 48 : Battle at The Forest (2)

Ragna glanced at Drom who had been keeping full guard toward him. Even though he could kill Drom, it would be hard to do so in a short time. Even if he could achieve it, the reinforcements would soon catch up.The truth was, he could just equip his Shadow Wolf's Set and immediately run. However, ever since he was being followed, he kept having a feeling that there was someone else who followed him. Even though it was just an instinct, there was no way for him to completely ignore it.Furthermore, by revealing his Shadow Wolf's Set, that would be akin to showing all of his cards. He wanted to keep it hidden unless a great opportunity showed up. Ragna sighed deeply. If not for the fact that he had to hide his Ancient Blood Mage's legacy, he could just go rampage and kill everyone. At least, his chance would be higher compared to the way it was.He believed that the Ancient Blood Master's warning was true. It should be okay to use his profession-related skill in front of monsters whom he was going to kill. But he wouldn't dare to take a risk by trying it in front of NPCs and Players.Ragna quickly made his decision. He charged toward Drom while chanting for a spell. The dagger was being held by him in a back-handed position. It was one of the dagger's stances he had learned in the Dojo that suited him the most.If his decision was to fight, then he needed to kill him as fast as possible!Drom broke in a cold sweat when he saw Ragna charging toward him. If he knew how strong Ragna was, then he wouldn't even dare to provoke him.Grabbing his dagger, he tried to meet Ragna's charge with his own. He knew that Ragna had astonishingly fast casting time and it would be similar to suicide if he tried to retreat without any cover.Ragna swung his dagger toward Drom's vital point. During his training, he had learned every vital point a human has. This time, his target was the area near Drom's heart.Shua!The attack only brushed past air because Drom had dodged it by a hair's breadth. In a critical moment, Drom had taken a step back and had prepared to once again pounce into Ragna.The dagger in Drom's hand glowed with black light. It was one of thief's signature skills, Dark Slash!If a player got hit by the skill, he/she would have a high chance of being inflicted by a status de-buff. For a mage and another low-health profession, that kind of situation was something they would really like to avoid.Ragna didn't even bat an eye when he saw Drom dodging his attack. Suddenly, his right hand released the dagger which he was holding. The dagger was then caught by his left hand which was already in a swinging motion!Clang!The skill was perfectly parried by him!Drom was shocked to see Ragna's movement. At this moment, he truly believed that the system had been lying to him. There was no f*cking way that Ragna was a mage!Look at that movement! I dare say it was a skill!Even with his skill parried, Drom hadn't given up yet. If one skill wasn't enough, then he was already prepared for another. He truly proved his talent as his left hand suddenly entered a throwing motion!It was his skill, an evolved version of Throwing Weapon which he accidentally learned in the City. Bullet Dagger!The skill required him to throw one of the daggers he had and he would lose it if he couldn't claim it back. Naturally, he was unwilling to use it if the situation didn't force him to do so.The dagger moves with a speed incomparable to the Throwing Weapon skill. In fact, it was impossible to dodge it at close-range if one wasn't prepared.Drom's expression was solemn. He wanted to see Ragna's reaction. It would be perfect if he could stall him until the reinforcements arrived.Unfortunately, his opponent was Ragna. Before the attack could reach him, he had already dodged it by swaying his head. No, it wasn't because his reaction and speed were THAT inhumane, it was because he had already predicted the trajectory of Drom's movement.Seeing Ragna dodged his attack, Drom's expression turned into one of astonishment. However, what he saw next made him shocked into core.He could see that Ragna was still chanting amidst the exchange!Holysh*t!Are you even human!A normal mage would've been scared silly when facing Drom's combination of attack. Not to mention chanting, it would be admirable even if they could barely keep their composure.Because he had unleashed the Bullet Dagger hastily, Drom was on the verge of losing his balance. It was with great difficulty that he managed to keep standing.At this moment, a question suddenly appeared in Drom's mind. How many seconds have passed since Ragna started chanting?1.. 2.. 3..? 4.. or 5..? Yeah, I'm screwed.Bam!A huge boulder appeared from Ragna's hand and immediately hit Drom's face. It was so big that it even encompassed his chest and shoulders. Obviously, there was no way that he could survive. He was only at level 21 after all.Before he lost his consciousness, he could see the expression in Ragna's face. It was cold and merciless. By now, he truly believed that he had provoked the wrong person.If he was given another chance, he would never provoke someone like Ragna. In fact.. he wouldn't mind worshiping him.Ragna looked at the corpses of his pursuers. There was nothing valuable that dropped as there were only a few materials and potions.He didn't bother to pick them because there was a more pressing matter that needed his attention.Crane and his groups had arrived!Crane's expression was one of shock when he saw the corpses of his scouting team. Even though their skill was barely passable, they could still pose quite a problem for any magician. Not to mention one with a level far below theirs.His expression turned solemn as he watched Ragna's blood-stained figure. At first, he would have never believed it if someone told him that a magician could kill 3 thieves. But now, reality had presented itself. He had no choice but to accept that Ragna was an expert.Crane gritted his teeth. The situation had turned into something irreconcilable. There was no way to brush past the matter easily because that would incur the wrath of his deceased subordinates.'Is it worth it to offend a fearsome expert like him? No.. I CAN'T back down here! Great rewards always come with greater risks. I need to grasp this opportunity!', Crane thought inwardly. He took a glance toward his subordinates. There were 7 of them with various professions and each of them had a level of more than 25.He read the description his subordinates had given to him after their death. High movement speed, quick reaction rate, and inhumane casting time. He should be able to kill him.. right?