Chapter 22 : Strange Event

The experiment was a huge success!

Raka exclaimed in delight when he felt the warm surge of red light enveloping his body. The feeling of getting stronger was something that anyone would love to experience. It meant that he was another step closer to where everyone was.

He looked at the screen in front of him. His strength and endurance had increased by 1 each. The increase seemed far less than the rewards he gained at the temple, but it represented a great opportunity!

The reward he gained at the temple was restricted to that place only. He will be unable to gain more of that because he was already outside. In comparison, although the reward from the Essence Mastery was lower, it could be continuously gained as long as he spent some effort. There was no restriction. The restriction was only the type of monster because he couldn't absorb two essences from the same type of monster.

Ragna closed his notification screen, then he saw the leftover blood essence hovering in front of him. He was slightly confused. If he couldn't absorb more, then what was the point of the existing leftover? Don't tell me it had another use?

He put the leftover essence inside his bag. If he had the time, he would like to try and do some experiment. Though, he had to hunt dozens of the same monster before having enough ingredients to refine one.

As for the stat points which he got from the level ups, he didn't allocate them right away. In fact.. there were no stat points available for him to allocate.

He too was surprised when he see that there was no option to allocate any stats when he leveled up the first time. Everything was already arranged by the system. The strange thing was, it didn't follow a set rule.

When he leveled up the first time, he gained 6 points in strength and 6 points in intelligence. At the next level, the system increased his strength and added a few points to the endurance.

Ragna couldn't do anything to the system's arrangement for him. It seemed like it was the trait of his class.. or maybe other hidden classes had the same characteristic. Though, he was quite happy when he saw that his stats increased by 12 instead of the normal 10.

Ragna continued his journey, his target was the city he found yesterday. While he was walking, his mind couldn't help but wander to the yesterday's event.

He slightly felt regret because of his attitude yesterday. His aim was to achieve a peaceful college life, but what he did was quite the opposite. He should at least acted more politely yesterday. Well, he just hoped that no one really remembered him.

'I'll do the initiative later', he thought inwardly

When he finished his thought, Ragna had already arrived at the city gates. He could read the word that hung high atop the gates. It said 'Prawk City - The Kingdom of Matrava'.

He heaved a sigh of relief, it seemed like he was still inside the border of Matrava Kingdom. After browsing a lot of information at the Skynet, he could deduce that the most wealthy and prosperous kingdom was the Matrava. It was the place that he wanted to start initially.

Maya had two great kingdoms in this world. They were being separated by an ocean. The first kingdom was the Matrava, it was more prosperous and wealthy compared to the other one. The other was Kaliweis which excelled in its fighting strength instead of technology and economy.

Both of them had their own pros and cons. Players could choose any of them to be their starting points. They will start in a beginner city before being transported into one of the towns when they reached level 10.

Prawk City.. although he never heard of this city, it was still a city in and of itself. Ragna could somehow gather some information and earn some money through quests. It was important because he needed to buy some supplies for his future adventure.

There are countless ways to play Maya. One of them was to battle and fight a strong monster, engaging in a mysterious journey to uncover hidden secrets. One could also stay inside the city and craft some equipment or potions. There was even a choice to become a chef when one reached to required skill level. To put it simply, anyone could be anything in Maya.

Naturally, there were pros and cons when picking an occupation. Ragna's class was one that walked the path of blood. He would improve faster when fighting compared to staying inside a city to craft.

Of course, one thing for sure was that everyone needs cooperation from each other to be able to advance.

Ragna entered the city through the gates. He felt that he was being stared by everyone. He thought that by reaching level 10 he could avoid some attention. Then, was there about him that caught their attention?

Wait a minute.. this city seems strange. It's too quiet!

Ragna tried to talk with one of the peddlers. He seemed a bit startled when Ragna approached him. After confirming that Ragna didn't have a bad intention toward him, he quickly recovered.

"Uhh.. excuse me. Can you explain why I am being stared by everyone? Is there something wrong with me?"

The man looked toward everyone. After gesturing with his eyes, he turned toward Ragna.

"I am sorry, I can't tell you anything. I can only give you some advice, please leave the city immediately. Believe me, it's for your own good!"

Ragna was surprised when he heard what the peddler said. He quickly turned to see what was behind him. He found out that there were many people watching him with complicated looks. When he saw them, everyone quickly averted their eyes.

He was confused with the strange situation. Before he could think of anything, he was grabbed from behind by two guards!

He quickly tried to break free, but the strange thing was that he couldn't even shake them even for an inch!

He was forcefully brought into the deeper parts of the city. While he was being dragged, he saw other players with the same state like him. They were also being dragged by the guards!

There were players who also had a surprised expression on their face like him, but most of them were calm and didn't resist the guards.

After a while, he arrived at a huge military training ground. There were already countless of players gathered there. In fact, it seemed like all the players inside the city were gathered here!

What was happening?!