Chapter 14 : Earth Magic Attack!

Ragna could only watch the scene in front of him. Everything was silent except for the blood red cocoon in the middle of the platform. It thumped rhythmically similar to how human heart worked.

He was on alert ever since the fight started. He knew that his current strength wasn't enough for him to act arrogantly.

CRACK!

Suddenly the cocoon cracked and turned into dust, revealing the giant ape within. Its eyes were closed. The ape slowly descended into the platform. Strangely, the ape seemed very different.

The ape had undergone a heaven-shattering transformation!

Its body was slightly smaller, but it seemed more muscular. The silvery white fur it had was also slightly tainted in red, radiating a faint blood-red luster. Its back was no longer bare, it now had a huge magical symbol carved on its skin.

Its arm was covered in a blood red lines, on the back of its hand was a large blood-colored rune like a tattoo. It emanated a terrifying pressure as if it was able to control the energy of heaven and earth.

On top of its head was a crown made from blood colored snakes. The snakes squeezed each other, resulting in the crown-like form. The sight was truly majestic.

The giant ape opened its eyes. If one looked closely, one could see a snake-like pupil inside its eyes. Its eyes were no longer ferocious, it was cold to the extreme. It might seem a bit calmer, but it couldn't hide the murderous aura inside its gaze.

The ape seemed very different after the evolution. Its aura was incomparable than before. It seemed like the ape awakened some of its former memories during its evolution.

Ragna could only watch everything with wide eyes. The giant ape before had given him no small amount of headaches. After the transformation, he wasn't really sure if he could win. His chance was incomparably smaller now.

The system seemed to release the ape's seal when its health reached the yellow line, making it undergone the transformation. Everything was bound to happen sooner or later.

He heard a familiar sound ringing, it was his system notification screen!

Blood Sentinel : Snake Eyed Blood Ape King.

Type : Boss | Tier : ???

Level : 1

Ragna readied his stance. He knew that the second battle was about to begin!

The blood ape stared at Ragna coldly. It raised its right hand up in the air. Suddenly, the blood-colored rune on the back of its hand started to shine.

Ragna felt a sudden sense of danger coming, he quickly retreated a distance away from the ape. He needed to have a good distance to be able to dodge. On top of it, he didn't have the slightest bit of knowledge regarding the ape and its attack.

The ape didn't move at all, but suddenly a huge magical symbol sprang below Ragna. Ragna quickly dodged the symbol by running away from its scope. Right when he was about to exit, a huge spike sprang at the center of the symbol!

Ragna quickly rolled. The spike barely missed him. Unfortunately, Ragna didn't have the time to relax. Another magic symbol manifested which he dodged in the same manner.

Magical attack! Earth Spike!

Ragna now understood how the ape's attack worked. At the first half the ape only used a physical attack, now it became a magical attack.

After grasping the attack rhythm, he could dodge the skill in an easier manner. He was currently thinking about how to deal with the situation.

Aha! Got it!

Ragna quickly sped toward the Blood Ape, he was sure that its defense would be its weakness because it had to compensate for the newly acquired magic attack.

Ragna ran in a zig-zag manner, he agilely dodged the Earth Spikes. He was already accustomed to the attack to the point where he could easily dodge the attack.

He was getting closer and closer to the ape. The ape only watched coldly, it was like it couldn't even bother to deal with him.

Ragna finally got himself right in front of the ape. He charged his Mana Strike, preparing to attack it.

Suddenly, a huge magical symbol enveloped the ground beneath the ape. Raka who was about to strike abruptly halted his movement. He felt danger coming from it.

His feeling was correct. A huge wall made of earth sprang and blocked his way. If he was to continue running and slammed into the wall, he would be stunned and died from the follow-up attacks.

Ragna heaved a sigh of relief. Unfortunately, his retreat wasn't a solution for the predicament. Because of his retreat, his momentum was all gone, making him an easier target for the spikes.

Ragna barely dodged all of them. When he ran, he was gaining momentum which he used to help him avoid the skill. Without it, he could only dodge them in a sorry manner.

He ran toward the ape king's side while slowly gaining speed. After a while, he was ready for another try. Again, he charged toward the ape king.

Sure, another earth wall blocked his charge. Ragna was already prepared for it. He unleashed his fully charged strike at the wall. A small section of the wall broke and he quickly entered through the opening. He was finally inside the wall!

Ragna felt a shiver down his spine. He felt a murderous aura locking toward him. The ape king was staring at him!

His surrounding slowly darkened. He could see a giant hand slamming toward him which he dodged by rolling to his side. The hand slammed into the platform, making an earth shaking vibration.

The vibration made it hard for him to stand up steadily. The ape didn't miss the chance and punched its another hand toward Ragna. Its punch seemed to able to destroy the earth itself.

Ragna didn't waste any time and closed his eyes! By relying on the pressure emitted from the punch, he managed to dodge the attack. On top of it, the energy from the ground vibration could also be used by him.

Ragna opened his eyes and sped toward the ape king. By relying on the end attack animation, he could finally get a single strike in. He unleashed his hastily charged Mana Strike toward the ape king's foot.

The ape king let out an enraged howl. The huge symbol on his back shone with blinding red light. The giant ape was going to release another skill!

Ragna couldn't even manage to unleash another strike before quickly retreating. Sure enough, dozens of Earth Spikes sprang from the earth with the ape king as the center. It slowly spread with an astonishing speed until it reached a distance away from the ape.

Ragna panted heavily. He was able to avoid the spikes by running with all his might.

'This battle will be very hard'

He wiped the sweat from his forehead. It was apparent that the ape king wasn't an easy opponent.

In fact, he may even lose this fight.