Chapter 38 : Personal Signature

The room darkened once again. The pressure slowly subsided, revealing a golden stone brimming with red light. Inside it was an image of a hero fighting against a giant, it was Ragna's personal signature.

Ding!

You have created a Unique Signature!

A part of your brave soul will be assimilated inside every equipment you create. Your created equipment will gain special equipment according to the effort and the amount of the soul you put into it. The special options will be closely related to your unwavering characteristic!

Ding!

You have learned the skill Blacksmithing. Because of your amazing prowess, you will be starting directly from Beginner level 3

Current level : Beginner Level 3

Ding!

Because of successfully making a Unique Signature, you will be granted an extra proficiency in Blacksmithing!

Current level : Beginner Level 4

Ding!

You have successfully branded the Ancient Blood Gloves with your personal signature. The equipment will undergo an evolution!

Ancient Blood Gloves (Weapon, Two-Handed) (Ragna)

Attack : 89-90 -> 99-100
Magic Attack : 89-90 -> 99-100

Unique Effect : Blood Consuming.
Can consume another weapon with the same type. Cannot be done repeatedly.

Unique Characteristic : Blood Evolution
Automatically consume a sentinel essence in inventory to evolve.

Because of the evolution, the Ancient Blood Gloves will gain additional option :

Damage +10% When fighting against stronger or higher leveled opponent (s).

Ragna was overwhelmed with the torrent of notifications. He had expected his signature to be quite amazing but what he didn't expect was the evolution of his Ancient Blood Gloves. Furthermore, it gained another option, which was exactly the same as his Brave Challenger Title's effect.

The special option he just gained was only limited to his weapon's damage. It had slightly lower quality compared to his title's effect. In another word, Ragna will get a ten percent increase in damage from his weapon, and another ten percent increase after adding the damage from his stats and other equipment.

Just counting from the weapon itself, Ragna got a ten damage bonus. It was equivalent to adding a full level worth of stats in strength. On top of it, his weapon had the ability to evolve by consuming a Blood Essence from a Sentinel. Its future prospect was limitless.

Though, he still had no idea where the next Sentinel was.

"Tell me! What kind of ability did you get?" Silver's loud shout brought Ragna back from his daze.

"I got something related my.. unwavering spirit. It seems like the option will increase the equipment's stats when facing stronger or higher leveled opponent. I'm not sure about it, though. Also, my Blacksmithing Skill instantly rose to Level 3" Ragna honestly answered Silver's question. From his perspective, Silver was someone worth his trust. At the very least, he believed that she wouldn't do anything bad toward him.

Silver had predicted Ragna would get those rewards to some extent, but she was shocked nonetheless. To find someone who could craft an equipment with special options unique to him, that was as hard as trying to find a needle in multiple haystacks.

Silver's blood was boiling, she too, had her own unique options as a reward for making her special signature. Her eyes were radiating fiery sparks. She couldn't wait to see how Ragna would grow and become her competition in the future.

Hiding her shocked expression, she smiled and said, "Well done, that should be a unique option similar to mine. The effect may be different, but our special ability can be considered very rare in Maya", She added, "Now that you have reached level 3 in Blacksmithing, you only need to raise two more levels to be able to start crafting an equipment"

"Um. What should I do then?" asked Ragna. He had no experience regarding the art of blacksmithing. In fact, he never came in contact with hammer and anvil before.

"Don't worry, I'll teach you. I assume that you're also participating in the Astral Realm quest. Therefore, right after the quest end, you should come here right away"

"Thank you Silver.." Ragna hesitated a bit before saying, "I won't forget your kindness. I'll be sure to repay you for everything"

Silver laughed, "Don't mention it. It's part of my duty. If you want to help me, then you have to learn faster! That way, I can finish this task earlier."

Ragna grinned, "You don't have to worry about that. You'll be astonished when you see how fast my learning speed is"

Ragna wanted to say another word, but the announcement came again, telling them that the time remaining was only about 2 minutes left. He then said goodbye to Silver, promising that he would definitely visit her tomorrow.

After Ragna's figure disappeared into specks of light, Silver's expression turned serious. She quickly messaged one of her friends. It was someone who had the in-game name of Dark Gold.

"Little Gold, something big happened. Contact me immediately in real life", before even waiting for the reply, Silver logged out and disappeared into specks of light.

...

"Huh.. Hah.. Huh.. Hah!"

The sound of ragged breathing could be heard inside the dojo. A youth with black hair stood in front of a big brawny old man. The old man's expression was calm, vastly different from the youth's condition. He suddenly took a step forward and sent a palm toward the youth. Even though the strike didn't even connect, the force was enough to send the youth hurling backward into the wall.

"Good.. at least you can handle five of my palm strike", The old man's expression remained calm, but hidden in his eyes was a hint of joy. "Continue with 5 sets of usual training", he added before leaving through the wooden slide doors into his own room.

The youth stood up with difficulty. That uncle of his was really fierce! His body felt sore all over because of the consecutive attacks. Even though it didn't even hit his body, the force was enough to make him feel tortured. He couldn't imagine what would happen if that attack was to connect to his own flesh.

Before he could leave, a person's head suddenly popped out from the in-between of the wooden doors. It was his uncle, but contrary to his previous calm and indifferent expression, the old man wore a big smile on his face.

"Raka, tonight we will visit you. Make sure that you bring us to a decent place to eat hahaha" said the old man, laughing. His change of expression was too sudden, leaving Ragna flabbergasted. Fortunately, he had seen it before, if not, he would be thoroughly convinced that the person was a twin with completely different personality.

Raka shook his head helplessly before saying, "Sure uncle, I'll bring you to my favorite place"

The old man laughed once more. He then left the room, leaving Raka alone inside the dojo. After all, he still needed to complete 5 more sets of training.

Of course, that training could only be described as hell by normal people.