Chapter 54: Teamwork

"Okay, Let's cooperate!" Ragna broke the silence by voicing his thought.

Hearing Ragna's words, Dreg became relieved. However, he didn't trust him completely. There was no way to guarantee that Ragna wouldn't backstab him too.

"So, how's the plan?" Ragna asked.

"Just by relying on our speed, if we weren't fighting against each other, they wouldn't be able to catch us. Now that we're going to cooperate let's try to achieve something greater!" Dreg enthusiastically answered.

He added, "If we could somehow delay the Red Demon's main army, we would gain greater contribution po-"

"Not interested," Before Dreg could finish his words, Ragna had cut him off.

How could Ragna be greedy in this kind of situation? If he could survive, he would gain a massive amount of contribution points from discovering the Ruin and the Invasion. Even though the offer seemed to be very enticing, if Dreg betrayed him, he would lose everything. It was akin to chasing after another girl and ended up losing both in the process.

"Relax, you won't be doing the risky thing. We need to kill the archers, but I can't handle all of them. Sure, I may be able to beat them at some point, but it'll take too long."

Seeing that Ragna didn't cut him off again, Dreg continued "We'll bombard them by using our skills. There should be no danger of betrayal by doing that, right? We will stay a few meters away from each other, and if any of us tries to do anything funny, we'd have enough time to react."

Ragna thought about it for a moment before nodding his head, "Let's do as you suggested. Remember, you'll regret it if you try to do anything strange."

Dreg's expression turned into one of a smile, but his eyes suddenly turned cold. "The same goes to you, I'm an assassin and you know better what my profession is capable of."

Right after he finished saying it, two daggers suddenly appeared in his hands. These daggers had a rope tying them to Dreg's sleeves. Both of these daggers seemed ordinary at first, but suddenly the color turned dark.

A baleful aura could be felt emanating out from the daggers. It seemed like Dreg had used a skill. One that solely belonged to his hidden class.

Before the pursuers could notice the change, he had already turned around and thrown both of these daggers toward two different targets.

Shua!

The daggers embedded itself into the Red Demon Archers' hand. They weren't able to dodge it and could only block it from reaching their vitals by using their hand.

A smirk could be seen in Dreg's face. He grabbed the rope that was connected to the daggers and swung them, making those archers fell to the ground.

'So that shadow-like aura was used to latch the dagger into the target's body!,' Ragna inwardly thought. Seeing Dreg's wide variety of skills made him a bit jealous. Even though he had many skills himself, he couldn't use most of them in this place.

Before the Archers could stand up, another dagger had already embedded itself into their head. Naturally, it was a critical hit.

Unfortunately, the vitality of level 44 Red Demon Archers couldn't be underestimated. Even though the attack was successful, they were still alive with about 35% of their health.

Without giving them a chance to recover, Dreg rushed forward. In his hands were the Twin Nights and both of them were glinting with a shadow aura.

Naturally, the other pursuers wouldn't give them another chance. Two archers were already pointing their bows toward Dreg's charging figure. Seeing how taut their bowstrings were pulled, one could guess how powerful the attack would be if it could hit.

Bam!

Before they could release their arrow, a huge boulder suddenly came smashing to one of them. Because his attention was focused on Dreg, he couldn't react and was smashed by the boulder.

The other archer's fate wasn't that different. A Crimson Claw Strike hit his side, smashing him into the nearest tree.

By using Dreg, Ragna had perfectly launched his own surprise attack!

How could the archers predict that both of these humans were working together? They were clearly fighting to death just a while ago!

Seriously, this is just too much!

Dreg ended the life of both of his targets swiftly. Meanwhile, Ragna also unleashed his series of skills and attacks, killing his target with the same speed.

Ding!

You have killed a level 44 Red Demon Archer.

You will get double the normal contribution points.

Red Demons were a part of Astral Quest's Main Event. It was normal for the developer to reward the player more generously. After all, it was harder to kill them.

It was only because their pursuer was an archer that they could kill them this quick. If it was a warrior or a shield-bearer instead that showed up, they would need twice, no thrice the time.

Pak... Pak... Pak...

The sound of faint but rushed footsteps could be heard once again.It seemed like the next batch of pursuer was about to arrive judging from it.

"Okay, now what?" Asked Ragna while running alongside Dreg. After cooperating together, Ragna's tone had softened a bit. If it wasn't because of their previous duel, maybe he could have greater impression toward him. In fact, their battle style suited each other quite well.

"Let's also kill this batch of pursuers. Now that they lost four of their foremost scouts, they will be more careful. We will send them another surprise attack. If an opportunity presents itself, we may be able to wipe them out"

Ragna nodded his head. If the enemy's scout were wiped out, their main force wouldn't be able to advance as quick. They had to be wary of an ambush. They had no way to know who set the ambush after all. If it was actually the Army, then they would suffer serious losses.

If by chance Ragna and Dreg's plan was to succeed, they would receive a huge merit from the Army. Delaying the advance of the Red Demon's main force was something unprecedented in this quest.

"Yeah, if we fail, we can just retreat," replied Ragna.

'But, I don't think we'll need to retreat. Seeing his ability, as long as the enemy general doesn't show up, we have close to 90% chance of obliterating them. Of course, I still have to be wary of him,' Ragna thought inwardly.

'Dreg, huh? Let's see how trustworthy you are.' A hint of a smile could be seen on his face.