Chapter seven

Chapter seven.

"I have to go!" Nathan said as soon as we pulled away. Jay watched Nathan run down the hall and this time he noticed which door he ran into; the second to last door on the right hand side.

Jay frowned, wondering why Nathan had ran away.

Didn't Nathan like the kiss as much as he did. Jay soon realised that standing there wouldn't help anything so he decided to follow Nathan, he walked down the hallway walking close to the wall as each step he took he'd feel dizzy as anticipation over took his body.

He wanted answers and answers is what he was going to get. He stood outside the door that Jay had seen Nathan go in, he knew it was the right one as he could hear shuffling about in the room and once he knocked the shuffling had stopped.

The door opened timidly and skeptically peered through the tiny little gap in the door.

"Jay? What are you doing here?" Nathan asked, he didn't even know how Jay knew which was his room.

"I followed you."

"I know you said you're not ready, but I've waited long enough and I want to know what you've been hiding from me!" Jay continued, raising his voice a little and when he saw Nathan flinch he immediately regretted it.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" Jay spoke, his voice become soft and timid.

"No, no you're right. You deserve to know and you're my best friend and I trust you, so come in to my room" Nathan opened the door wider so Jay could get in before he closed the door as if there was someone stood outside trying to look in.

"So yeah, this is my room!"

Jay looked around the room with his big innocent blue eyes. In Nathan's room there was a piano and there was also a poster of an old band that don't even exist anymore above the piano in the corner of the room, Nathan also had a small double bed and a bedside cabinet. That was it. That was all Nathan had. Jay also took note of the cracks in the ceiling and the cobwebs that had festered in the corners.

"Is this all you have?" Jay asked, his voice quiet and shy as if Nathan was going to bite his head of.

"Yep, that's all I have. But there isn't much I need really, all I need is everything in this room and your company"

Jay felt guilty that he had everything and yet this lovely and sweet boy/man didn't even have that much but he never complained that he was unhappy with how little he had which is what Jay would sometimes do.

"Can I ask you something?" Jay asked in the same quiet and shy tone.

"Sure" Nathan gave Jay a reassuring smile.

"Why did you run off when I kissed you?"

"I-I don't actually know. I guess I was scared" Nathan looked down and started twiddling his thumbs.

"Scared?"

"Yeah scared, it's just I've never kissed before and I really liked it which scared me"

"For the record, I liked it too" Jay took a couple of steps closer to Nathan so he was nearly towering over Nathan. Jay looked into Nathan's eyes wondering how he got so lucky in meeting such a great friend like Nathan.

"And if you don't mind, I'd like to try it again." Nathan nodded frantically before Jay closed the gap and kissed Nathan for the second time today.

"Mr. McGuiness, time to wake up for uni. You're friend Max is waiting for you downstairs" Chloe shook Jay awake before she opened the curtains to let the sun stream through the windows.

Jay gave Chloe a curt nod and when she left he got out of bed and started to get ready for the day. He hoped - like everyday - that he wouldn't get beat up but he knew that he would like always.

"Hi" Max said once Jay had come downstairs and was stood near enough to hear him without having to shout.

"Hello" Jay nodded wondering what Max wanted after all he wasn't that friendly to him yesterday.

"Listen I'm sorry for what I said yesterday, it was un called for and I'm sure that Nathan is real but I've just never seen him and I'm sorry but please your the only friend I've got and the closest thing to a brother; a family that I've ever had and I hope it's the same for you" Jay looked at Max and he thought the same, Max was like a brother to him and he was there when his real family wasn't.

"I'm sorry too, you're right you are like a brother to me too and I don't want to fall out with you" Jay smiled at Max before Jay pulled Max into an awkward hug as the only ever physical contact he's had with someone else is Nathan.

"C'mon we better get to uni" Max said before he walked outside to his car and Jay followed suit.

Written by @nicely_mcguiness.