Chapter 27: The director's psychotic son

Kiera Kins Grant's POV

My eyes travelled on the guys in the porch. I nicely declined their offer to drink and went my way in to gather all the guns and gadgets that I have. I have no time to lose. I have to save Evan Tracy for the sake of our old friendship.

I admit I miss what we had in the past. But there's no use watering a dead flower and wish that it will grow again. I spent years grieving our old friendship. I don't want to be reminded of it again.

I held the gun in my hand and it took time for me to adjust to it's weight. I'm just using what was provided, the guns and gadgets are from Master Wutt.

I donned a black leather jacket and some comfortable boots.

"I heard you're going to be away for a day" Before I could finish packing, That guy with a jet black hair and blue eyes who kissed me in the elevator in the attempt to save me was blocking the exit door.

"Stop nosing to other people's business, Aux" I glared at him but that didn't stop him from still blocking the exit.

"You have no sleep and we're both tired. You can't take on that director's son in that kind of state. Let me join you, if you really are determined to save Evan Tracy" He tried to snatch my bag but I didn't let him.

"Stop being a nuisance and get the hell out of my way. This is my fight, Not yours" I ignored him and went my way out of the building. I am determined to fight alone. Besides, I handle myself.

Evan Tracy's POV

It has three days since I ate. My mouth is dry and I was accepting the fact that this place would be my final death bed. That monster was starving me to death. The place was empty and pungent.

It was messy and outside the cell was a handsome guy with blond hair and a sick grin on his face. In the past few days, He kept torturing me. Using nails and hammer. My nails and fingers are broken because of him. My hair and my shirt as all torn up.

But I will take even the littlest opportunity to escape and kill him. He was asking me questions about Kiera Kins Grant. My ex best friend. He had the outmost belief that it's Kiera that killed his father.

He wants her to come and get me. But at the point of me and Kiera's friendship that was never gonna happen. That woman loathes me but I can't blame her, it was all my fault. There's no way she will know about me and the director's agreement. I'll carry that secret until my deathbed.

I was terrified by the sudden clank of feet coming my cells way. The man was gonna give me the food for the day. Finally, I have been dying to taste food. He was a monster enough to make me eat once a day.

He threw the food harshly on the floor of the cell. That caused the food to spill on the floor. He stared at me with rage.

"Time is ticking. Time is running out for your best friend. Tonight, I'm gonna bury you alive if she doesn't resurface and to tell you my dear, I won't give you a painless death" He closed the door of the cell.

I spit on his face just as he was about to turn away. My saliva went on his nose and near his cheeks. I saw rage in his eyes.

"You're an idiot for thinking that she will come for me. You're dumb enough to take me as a hostage. Kill me if you want to, but I won't give you the satisfaction to be happy in seeing me suffer" He gave me an angry smirk before he went out of the cell.

"Don't test my patience, Lady. You might just get what you are wishing for" He went out and I continued to sit in that dark and pungent cell.

Outside my cell I can see his personal computers, His lunch who had become a garbage because it was there for too long. His phone and his servers. He was a programmer. I can see him write codes in his personal computer.

As much as I can see that he has high intelligence, The guy was a total lunatic. Fuelled by the need to avenge his father's death. I can see his sadness toward the director's death but above all that was his obsession to kill Kiera.

"I'm glad you finally called Ms. Grant. I was so worried that you didn't care enough for your old best friend to let her die. I guess that your conscience is killing you every minute that you don't decide to save her. I'll be looking forward in seeing you" He smiled with a sick grin on his face. I think that he is losing his sanity.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on her. If I discover even a tiny scar on any part of her body. You'll pay for it with your life. I'm not afraid of you. Say what you want to say. I'll bite the bait. Me, in exchange of her" Her voice full of rage was evident was evident even in the phone.

A smile curled on my lips and hope lifted me up. Somehow, Somewhere in that cold hearted heart of hers, She cares about me. Even if the old her was consumed by her rage for losing me with the director.

"Good. Then, we have a deal. I hope you keep your end of the bargain. Again, No cops or your precious little friend will die right before your eyes" He ended the call and got his gun ready.

Looks like this is going to be a blood bath.KieraKins Grant is one of the best and highly trained British Intelligence agents but she doesn't know the odds she is facing and neither do I. I saw the way the guy fought.

He was too strong for me. He was military trained to say the least, He was a killing machine. It's rare for me to find people who could contain me. According to my co agents, I'm the ultimate killing machine but realizing the he has the capabilities to kill me, I let my guard down.

He injected me with a nano tracker that is in my cells. It has a dual purpose. To track me and to unleash the poison into my blood stream killing me. I tried to escape once and it nearly caused me my life. I never dared to try again but if I could just find a way to hack into his computer and disarm the tracker, He's a dead man.

---------------------

This chapter was kind of brutal, Was it a little too much for you? And what agreement does Evan Tracy and the director has? Why was it crucial for her to keep the secret hidden from her all of these years?.... Stay tuned