Chapter 40: Mixed Realities

Minx Vin Hall's POV

I saw an endless ocean of memories. One after the other. Truth versus reality. It was colliding in me. Fighting after the other, Wanting to be known, wanting to be remembered.

I felt trapped in a world where I don't remember satirical from real. I was trapped in mixed realities. Some memories are nightmares running after me. Some memories felt real and was somehow part of my buried past.

The first memory...

Two little kids were playing by the sandy beach. One boy and one girl. The boy happily let the girl climb in his back and he would carry him from the way home. They both looked utterly peaceful and happy. They were thick as thieves. The girl climb down from his back and they started to race home.

The boy was gaining on the girl. But the girl lost her balanced and got a gash on her knees. It was starting to bleed. The girl started to cry.

"Come, I'll carry you back home" He smiled at the girl but the girl was hesitant to come home. The boy patted the girl in the head.

"It's going to be alright. Mom's not going to punish you, I'll be here by your side, Minx" Then the girl smiled back at him and accepted his waiting hand. She climbed on his back and they hurried back home...

A tear fell from me. The memory felt real. Like a distant forgotten memory.

The second memory

I threw a knife towards a guy with a jet black hair and piercing green eyes. But he always managed to dodge my attack and he never faltered. His reflexes was astoundingly good compared to mine.

"If I have not missed a single second, You could have been dead by now" I threatened him. But I was always a good sport. Fighting against each other was our way to telling each other that we care about each other's safety.

It was an unsaid thought at home...

The third memory

I was awoken by a smoke. I was coughing hard because of the smoke that got into my lungs. Our house was catching fire and I was tied inside it. I tried to break free but I was tied into a chair with a knot.

My legs were all tied up too. I was losing consciousness. A person coughed near me. His hair was jet black same as mine. Our resemblance was astounding. He was my father.

"Dad, Wake up. The house is burning. We have to get out of here" I tried to shout at him but he was unconscious. I tapped my foot to the floor but still nothing.

Then in the burning house, A shadow of a woman started to appear. She has auburn curls that dragged behind her back. She dragged my father out of the fire and left me coughing.

"Dad!!! Where are you taking him?" She didn't answer. She ignored me and continued dragging my father outside of the burning house. I screamed but it seems that no one was listening.

Then I smelled burning flesh. Then a burning sensation in my skin, For the burning flesh I smell was my own. I screamed for help, But no one seems to hear. My faith slowly faded that I someone would find me as my skin burned with the house.

I felt myself losing consciousness.

The fourth memory

The place was dark and I was trapped in a place with no lights, no hope. It was a maze and no matter which way I chose, I couldn't escape from the maze. At the other end of the line was a guy with jet black hair.

He was tied up and unconscious. Suddenly, something flickered in my hand, I saw the light of the blade in my hands. The only way to escape the unreal nightmare was to put the blade in his heart. I end up choosing to kill him over and over again.

The nightmare was eerie every minute in it, was a horror show. A horror show that no one goes out alive unless they kill someone else life to save theirs.

The fifth memory

My brunette long curls were glinting in the mirror. My face a picture of utter peace. Then the aura of the place changed, The walls went darker, the mirror was full of blood.

But the thing that stunned me the most is the blood in my hands and dots of red blood on my face. I held a knife in my hands. I followed the trail of the blood on the clean white tiles. My mouth went wide open to the bloody and merciless sight I saw.

A dozen people all dead. Some of their heads had been cut off ruthlessly and shamelessly. Some had half of their bodies cut off and was missing. My unruly bed was filled with blood and Aux Fin Lee in it. His head was cut off...

"Noooooooooooo......" Holding several realities in your mind will drove you mad.

I woke up in a dream and woke up in a white room with an apparatus in my head. My face was filled with sweat from the several realities and the nightmare that's been running in my head.

The doctor. His face was familiar. I was sane enough to remember that he saved me. I was barely holding on to life when he fixed me, Made me myself again. Until one day, they hypnotized me with a nightmare.

A nightmare where my most absolute purpose was to kill my own brother.

Aux Fin Lee. Hunter Duss Hall. They're the same person. I removed the apparatus installed in my head and walked my way out of the lab and out of the blinding lights of the lab itself.

I went out and saw my own brother with tears in his eyes seeing me. Everything, Every memory I have lost came back to me. Making me remember who I was and how sane I was.

I walked the space that was keeping us apart. I didn't hesitate to give him a warm hug. He seems to be relunctant at first but when he saw recognition in my head, he hugged me back.

"Aux" I called him with tear filled eyes. Unable to say anything.

"You remembered" He hugged me tightly.

"I'll always remember that face of yours, Bastard" I gave him my teasing and snide comment. But he still seemed lost in the moment. I was finally home, After so many years of pain and being trapped in different worlds.

I finally went home in a world where my heart truly belongs, Beside him...

No more nightmares, Eerie realities, Fearful memories...

---------------------------------------------

Minx Vin Hall is finally back. She's her old self again. Aux Fin Lee, You are finally having things that you have lost. One thing that never changed in Minx is her snide comments.

Stay tuned, Someone else has found their way back...