Chapter 52: Character from a different book

Third Person's POV

The masked man entered the laboratory with ease by disabling the Artificial Intelligence and the security defences of the fortress. All the emergency lights of the fortress went red in alert.

The scientist turned his back on my direction and began repairing a broken robot. He was so engrossed in his work that he didn't even notice my presence lurking in his useless and inferior lab.

"How brave of you to defy me when you're nothing against me" I uttered those words and he turned his back on my presence. I saw fear in his eyes when he looked at me. Isn't life funny and ironic? My former best friend sees me as a monster.

"All of your bad deeds must end" He ignored me and continued working on his robots.

"For the last time, join me" I offered him my hand.

"I will stop you even if it's the last thing I'll do" I kept waiting but he never once agreed at joining me. His hope was firm that filtering the earth was a bad thing. Is freeing the world of the pollution, over population, draught, hunger and crime a bad thing?

People hate you for something they don't understand.

"You are right, It's the last thing" I held a gun with a silencer in it towards him and stared right through in his eyes.

"You are wrong for throwing me away, Good luck watching the world fall in the afterlife" I shot him straight in the head. Some blood got into my face. But I never regretted that I did. I never felt remorse as I saw the bullet pierced his skull and lead to his death.

I laughed at him and left him alone in the dark, lifeless.

Aux Fin Lee's POV

I slammed the table in my room. I threw away everything that was set in the table behind me. Vases, Pens and Candles. I turned the table upside down and kicked it over and over again.

It was all over the news. The whole lab was set on fire and all of the new gadgets and new weapons I could useturned to nothing but useless ash.

Dr. Luigi Ray Jacobson was murdered and shot by the head by the masked man.

The CCTV camera's has caught him entering the lab and shot the director in the head. I couldn't just stand idly by seeing the masked man kill and destroy the persons I care about and toy with them in his palms.

I couldn't let the murder of a good and honest man slide.

"Stop it, Aux" Raven Rox picked up the broken shard of the glass on the floor and it pierced her hand. She jerked away her arm when she felt the glass pierce her hand. I held her wounded hand and removed the shard of glass that was buried on the flesh of her hand.

She moaned in pain as I withdraw the glass.

I stitched her hand and left her in the room.

"I-I know you still see me as a monster. You don't have to be nice to me" She feels guilty. I can still see her being trapped in the pain of losing me and destroying me.

"I wouldn't even stitch your wound if I didn't care. I forgive you. You don't have to explain yourself. You already did by attempting to build an organization that will help me. I forgive you, Now it's time for you to forgive yourself" I walked a few steps away from her and turned my back.

Then, after a few steps, I turned back and smiled at her, genuinely.

Trying to her ease her pains by having me back as a mere friend.

Thieves Lair Soundproof room

I hugged and tapped the back of the brat I knew since college. His playful demeanour and naughty personality was the thing that never changed in him through the years. His white complexion and good looking face signified that he wasn't pure Filipino.

Klein Aaron Johnson was my half American colleague.

"I missed hanging out with you, Aux"

"That's so gayish of you, Klein. But let's have a toast after this mess I am in"

"Your humor and arrogance never failed to amuse me"

Then less than a fraction of a second, A hot looking woman abruptly opened the door and barged in without knocking three times. She had a dangerous look on her face. She looked pissed that I summoned Klein to help me.

She was Vienesse Elle T. Adams, The ruthless assassin.

"So? Are you still hiding behind your wife's skirt? And not just a normal wife, A deadly one" My left eyebrow went up as I teased him. It somehow made him silent for a moment and answered me with a loud laugh.

"This arrogant jerk must be the elusive Aux Fin Lee. Hmm, This day is starting to be interesting again" She had guns in her both her pocket. I can also see the dagger hidden in her boots.

Why are the pretty ones turn out to be a deadly and murderous woman?

I have to check what's wrong with this world of mine and fix it. I shrugged at the thought that somehow pissed off the hell out of me. I sarcastically said at myself.

"All I need you to do is to stabilize the core and to somehow manage to keep the canister from losing its fuel. Once it loses its fuel it will explode" I saw him view the pictures from the lab of Dr. Luigi.

His eyes widened in amusement.

Only the opened whole that leads to the inner core of the earth was the only thing that remained in Dr. Luigi's lab. He stared at the pictures and I saw the spark of excitement in his eyes.

"I've been obsessed in stabilizing the core for years. With a project like this, I could finally apply all the things I've learned about it and try to keep the canister from losing it's power. From the looks of it, We only have two weeks left" the news somehow relieved me and made me reconsider my other options.

I'm tired of running, Time to enter the lion's den.

-----------------------------------------

Do you remember Klein Aaron Johnson and Vienesse Elle T. Adams from my first story, My lady butler? The idea somehow came to me about having the couple in a few chapters here...

The world's end is in two weeks. After a few chapters, You don't want to miss it do you?