Chapter 57: The most unlikely ally

"The persons crazy enough to believe that they can change the world are the ones that can"

Aux Fin Lee's POV

"Don't play games with me Aux Fin Lee. I'm not the kind of person who buys what you're selling" He sat in the chair in front of me. His face was stern.

"Ever wonder why I steal those diamonds?" I threw pictures of the earth's core on the metal table in the investigation of Interpol. I woke up sleeping in the cold cell that I have been running for years.

"The earth's core is destabilizing. It have gone unstable since that psychotic separatist Alexandre Van Ravenclaw stole it from the earth's score" I was in that same table with cuffs in my hands attached to the metal chain when Ivy Queen, Kiera and her whole gang saved me.

"Is this the only science fiction story you could devise in a short period of time" His sarcasm couldn't not be coated anymore. I couldn't blame him. They never investigated the case of the stolen jewels yet they are sure that I am the one to blame.

Those scums just needs someone to blame.

"I mean every single word I say. Let me out and you won't regret that you did, Mr. Austere" I tried to persuade him but it seems irrelevant. He doesn't trust any word I say.

"How could I believe a thief in search of pathetic, useless diamonds and jewels?" The mockery of his words could be heard in every word he utters. He stared at me like I was something that society shouldn't have. Every stare, his eyes was brimming of disgust of me.

"It may seem hilarious to you. But if this event occurs, the extinction of human race will start" I looked him in the eye and tries to make him see my point.

"You seem to be testing my patience, Mr. Lee" He slammed his hand hard on the table out of the anger he holds for me. I can sense that his patience is running out.

"Believe me I don't have time to" My feast balled up in annoyance and anger. The need to make a better future for the world was always the only thing that made people loathe me.

They loathe the person that wanted to build their future.

The world is ignorant to the fact that had long been slapping their faces. The world will not last for long. Those people happy, ignorant in their homes. Ignoring the very fact of their coming extinction.

"Your arrogant façade never changes, Mr. Lee. Well then, Stay in the dungeon. You'll stay there until you're capable of having a serious conversation with me, until you're more agreeable" Two guards dragged me out of the investigation room.

I didn't fight back when they throw me forcefully inside the hell the awaits me. The dungeon was cold, barren and empty. This is what I get for being crazy enough to believe that they I change the world.

Nine days later...

Every single minute of my stay in this horrible place, the hope of being able to be the on one to stop the world's end was fading. The only living thing I had an interaction with was the rats that lurk in the cold, tiny, dilapidated dungeon.

The dungeon wasn't a normal one, It has thumb scanner and is made of bulletproof glass in case anyone tries to breach the security and let me out.

No one tried to reach me. No one tried to help me escape this hell that holds me.

It's exactly 12 oclock. I have 24 hours until the world falls.

The canister will not last for long.

The thought of seeing Raven Rox slowly dying made me realize one thing. She wasn't the one who destroyed me it's her cunning and ruthless father. My heart still belong to Kiera but having Raven as a friend isn't such a bad idea.

Even though my fondness of her was overpowered with the rage I held for her for several years, I admit I still do care about her. This fear of never seeing her again was eating me up, giving me a mini heart attack.

"Hey, Someone out there. I need a pee break" Several guards walked near my unbreachable dungeon. The officer in charge opened the dungeon and prepared for me if I do any funny business. Like escaping.

I kicked the guard that was a few meters from where I was standing. His head hit the concrete wall which made him unconscious. Another guard tried to shoot me in the head.

I ditched his attack and tried to catch the bullet.

Something pierced my hand. I opened it and saw two bullets in the palm of my hand.

His amused look gave me enough time to catch his attention and kick the gun away from his hand. The gun flew in the air. I kicked him and kept him away from getting the gun.

The kick sent him flying to the other dungeon. I barely managed to get catch the gun from the air. I kicked them in the opened dungeon. Some of them were coughing blood. Some was unconscious.

I held a gun towards the weak and injured officer who sat near the dungeon. He stared to me with daggers on his eyes, in disgust to me. I pulled him up using his own collar.

"I might need your uniform officer" He stripped weakly and gave me the garments. I whipped the gun I was holding straight on his face and left him unconscious in the cold and filthy dungeon I was in for nine days.

I saw a lithe and thin figure walking towards my direction. I held the gun tightly in my hands. Maybe it's one of Martin Austere's Lap Dog coming my way. Her long hair was casted by the shadows of the dark alley.

Then her doll like faced was the sight that welcomed me. Her piercing emerald green eyes that stared at me and her puckered lips that I had locked to kiss for over a week.

"Kiera" I hugged her and never found her responding to my warm hug.

"I missed you, Aux" There was something eerie and twisted with the look on her face.

"Get your hands off me" I knew it. This deadly sarcastic brat is here to make my day a total disaster. She may possess the body of Kiera but her attitude disgusts me a lot. I was never afraid of her.

Her angry façade was just an egg shell. She just have a twisted way of saying she cares. One of the mysteries of loving Kiera. I don't want to deal with this sarcastic and dangerous woman.

"Aux Fin Lee, It's about time you save your own ass. Looks like I had you fooled. You have to know the difference. Do I look like your demure and nice girlfriend? Don't get fooled and trust every word I say. It was all for fun. I'm testing if you recognize Kiera while I possess her body" She stared at me. Giving me her famous deadly stare. Such a shame it never worked on me.

"Those cruel words don't work on me. Save it" I tapped her on the back and sarcastically stared at her which she answered with a deadly grin on her face.

I'm starting to like this little devil inside Kiera's body...

----------------------------------------------------

Happy Holidays everyone. I'll slack a bit in writing chapters. It's Christmas. I should cut myself some slack and have a little vacation with my family...

Stay Tuned, We're not even half the fun. You don't want to miss it, Do you?