Chapter 60: The world's end

Aux Fin Lee's POV

As the bullets from his gun headed in my direction I knew that certain death was coming towards me. Certain death that no human could escape. Being an unknown hero to the world made it all seems worthwhile.

It was a life well lived. I didn't regret the fact that I walked straight into my death. It was never foolishness to make the world a better place by making myself the villain.

A loud bang was heard. Then another one shot the air.

A bullet shot by someone hit the bullet shot by Alexandre by a split second. That caused the bullet to change it's direction. The bullet hit the concrete walls and left a big crack on it.

An arrow shot in Alexandre's direction that pinned both of his hands in the concrete walls. Those arrows were shot by Raven's bow. Fresh blood gushed from his shoulders but being injured didn't stop him from removing the metal arrows.

He ran up the stairs that leads to the rooftop. Raven chased her while my eyes was locked away with Kiera's eyes. Her coordination was more than impressive. My hand grabbed her waist and connected her lips with mine.

It took us a long while to get out of each other's embrace.

"You're rushing into your death and I don't think I can ever lose you again, Aux" Her hand touched mine. There were fear in her eyes. The fear of losing me. As I turned my back to leave, her firm hands touched the sleeve of my tuxedo and stopped me from walking towards the stairs.

"I'm not afraid to die. I'm only afraid of living in a world where you are not mine" I held her hand and extended the other to touch her face.

"I'm yours. If I let you go, would you promise to come back?" There were fear in her eyes and a hunch. She grabbed my bow tie and gave me a light and soft kiss on the lips.

"I'll always come back. I'm stuck with you forever, Gum. After all of this ends, I'll make you officially mine by marrying you, I promise. You are one reason to come back" I held her hand and released it. I ran up the stairs waiting for the unknown to unfold.

Kiera Kins Grant's POV

As he turned his back and ran towards the stairs, A hunch came to me. I turned my gaze at his walking figure. My heart was racing so fast, I can feel the sound of it. Was it fear? Why do I have a feeling that I'm going to see him for the last time?

But he promised. Is he the kind person that makes promises he can't keep?

Aux Fin Lee's POV

I doubled my pace on the long alley. One moment longer and I can never stop myself from turning back and stay with her. I've become an international thief because of Alexandre.

My past, my present and my future all depended on this moment.

I opened the door and saw an injured Alexandre and his guards. All of their guns was all aimed at me. My tuxedo was filled with red dots from their guns. I held my hands up in the air. Then in a single split second the place was filled with his guard's blood.

Blood gushed from his guard's body armour as the ruthless "Royal Guards" of Kiera Kins Grant. Most of them have their heads cut off made by a Japanese sword, katana. Their heads rolled it's way into their boss's sight.

Then in a split second, He fashioned a gun from his pocket and aimed it at me. Jade dodged all the bullets using two swords. The loud bang of the bullet from his gun and the sound of the sword colliding with each other causing the bullet to repel from the sword was the only thing heard in the silence of the night.