6

I am strong

I am strong.

I know how to survive when things get hard.

I can fight anything or anyone.

But my bladder cannot.

For the rest of Friday night, I didn't get out of my room. Saturday morning, my dad came into my room and delivered breakfast with a note saying that he was going out of town today.

I didn't eat his breakfast but I did drink the glass of water that was included.

And now I'm paying the price.

Not able to take it anymore, I pulled myself out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to empty my bladder.

Once I was relieved, I looked at my reflection in the mirror and I let out a sigh.

My normally perfectly straightened hair was all over the place. My long sleeve shirt from Friday was completely wrinkled and my face was covered in tear tracks and snot and I let out a disgusted sigh.

"Get it together Rose." I said to myself before running my hands through my hair.

I've survived things far more worst.

I took the wrinkled shirt off and I didn't even flinch at the bruise on my arm in the shape of a hand. I simply took off the rest of my clothes to take a shower.

[0]

I was working on my calculus 2 homework when my phone chimed with a text. Picking it up, I let out a sigh of relief when I saw Liam's name instead of my father's.

Unlocking my phone, I quickly answered his text.

And before I could even register, my phone started ringing

"Yes?"

"Explain to me what happens in the S phase?" He asked and I launched into detailed explanation of the cell cycle.

He asked a lot of questions. A lot.

And for the first time since Friday morning, I mustered a small smile.