40

I placed my tray down at the table before taking my seat with a sigh

"Cool the attitude." Mia raised an eyebrow at me and I frowned.

"Sorry, I'm practicing a conversation in my head and you caught me in the middle of it." She apologized.

"What's your conversation about?" I asked and she waved me off.

"Doesn't matter, how was Dartmouth?" She asked and I let out a sigh.

"It was fine, I met the Dean, toured the campus. It's a really nice campus, and they have a huge library." I told her with a little smile and she rolled her eyes.

"You were at an Ivy League, they all have huge libraries. How was it really? Did you see any eye candy? Can you see yourself happy there next year? Preferably talking to an eye candy?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.

"There were plenty of attractive young men and women." I told her and she scoffed.

"Don't avoid the actual important question here Rose. Do you see yourself happy there next fall?" She asked and I nodded.

"No." I told her truthfully before running my hands through my hair.

"You have to tell your dad that." She said quietly and shook my head.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked and she nodded.

"I got accepted into UCLA." I told her and her concerned frowned slowly turned into a grin.

"Swear on my dead goldfish Pete." She cheesed and I smiled.

"I swear on Pete's grave." I told her and she threw her hands in the air with a scream.

"Oh my Father!" She shouted receiving some strange looks from nearby tables and she walked around the table and wrapping her arms around me.

"Why are we so happy today?" Sam asked as she reached the table.

"Rose got into UCLA!"

She slammed her lunch tray on the table before giving me a grin.

"Swear on Pete's grave." She ordered and I grinned.

"Oh my God, Rose." She shouted before joining Mia at my side in a hug.

"Congratulations." Sam squealed and I let out small laugh.

"Thank you."

The released me before taking their seats and I smiled at them. "You guys were the first people I've told." I confessed.