53

"Rose, you have to ask

"Rose, you have to ask."

"I'm not going to because I know he'll say no." I turned Katelyn down again and she let out an exasperated sigh before pulling me back from my desk. She spun my desk around and got eye level with me.

"Rose please, Liam invited us. Don't you want to go?" She plead and I rolled my eyes. Of course I want to go and spend my afternoon at Liam's graduation party. But my father and I are still walking on eggshells around each other.

"We're not going," I pushed back trying to head back to my desk.

"I am begging you."

"Why?" I asked without looking at her. "Why do you want to go so bad?"

"Because I am an extrovert and I've been hauled up in this house all day. Rose I need human interaction." She raised her voice and I turned to her.

"Dramatic," I sighed and she scoffed.

"I'll ask," I began and her face lit up but I held my finger up to stop her.

"But be ready for the disappointment." I warned before standing up from my chair.

She grinned and grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the door to go find dad. We found him outside with Jenifer. They were sharing one lounge chair with a wedding catalogue in front of them.

The wedding is less than one month away and everything is supposed to be ready and prepped. But Jenifer keeps looking at wedding catalogues and changing things. Everyone thinks she's just anxious about the wedding so she keeps changing her mind. I think it's because dad hasn't told Katelyn he's her father.

"Parents," Katelyn smiled and I fought an eye roll.

"Daughters," dad and Jenifer replied in unison.

"We have a question,"

"No," dad replied and I glanced at Katelyn.

I told her this wasn't going to work. He doesn't even know what the question is and he already declined us.

"You don't even know what it is." Katelyn pouted and I shook my head at her. She's pulling the puppy dog eye act?

"That's your 'you need human interaction and you want it by going to a party' face." Jenifer replied and Katelyn gasped.