41

"Are there more students today?" Mia asked me as we walked down the hallway and I took in the students mingling around me

"Maybe, a few college students are visiting." I told her and she grimaced.

"God, why?" She asked. "When I graduate, I'm am never stepping foot here."

"Me too." I nodded as we stepped into Mrs Knowles' class.

I took my seat beside her before looking up at the board.

"Guess you're working with Liam." Mia smirked before standing up as I read the board saying that we were working with our lab partners.

I gave her an eye roll but she grinned before going to take her seat beside her partner.

I watched the classroom door open and Liam walked in. He glanced at the board and he smiled before looking over at me and his smiled widened before he made his way towards me.

"How did your second act of bravery go?" He asked me and I let out a sigh.

"I already told you it went well." I told him.

It went as good as it could've because this morning, there was a note on the kitchen island from dad saying that he's going to North Carolina and that he would be back in a few days.

"I know you did, but I want you to tell me what brave act you performed." He smiled.

"I'm still not going to tell you." I smiled a little.

"So mean," he smiled, "did you get a tattoo?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"No, I didn't." I shook my head and he gasped dramatically.

"You totally got a tattoo."

"I really didn't." I laughed as the bell rang.

"You got a tattoo and that's the story until proven otherwise." He told me and Mrs. Knowles started roll call.

"What are you doing this weekend?" He asked with a smile and an exciting glint behind his eyes.

"Getting another tattoo." I teased and he shook his head in mock disappointment.

"I knew it, already addicted to the needles, damn it Daisy." He said and I laughed before shaking my head at him.

"Why? Did you need help studying?" I asked and he nodded with a grimace.

"I have court in two weeks and I need to take all of my exams beforehand." He told me and I frowned.

"Can I ask why?"

"In case the jury doesn't believe me. I still want to graduate high school." He stated and I took in a sharp breath.

My God. That is not at all what I was expecting.