28

"Bye

"Bye." Katelyn and I said in unison ad our parents and Olivia loaded up the car.

Breakfast was more than a little awkward this morning.

Katelyn kept glaring at Olivia. Olivia kept glaring at Jenifer, as if Jenifer shouldn't have given birth to Katelyn. My father was glaring at Katelyn and I kept my eyes on my father in case he finally snapped.

It was nerve wrecking.

"So what's first on our to do list?" Katelyn asked as I closed the door behind me.

"Clean up the kitchen from breakfast." I told her and she rolled her eyes at me.

"Why don't we talk about your anxiety attack last night?" She suggested and I froze.

"I told you I want to study psychology." She reminded me with a raised eyebrow.

I ignored her for a while and started to clean up the kitchen.

"Katelyn, I don't want to talk about it." I told her after she continued to stare at me.

"Can I just ask you two questions?" She asked and I let out a sigh.

"No."

"Then will you drop the subject?" I asked as I placed the milk in the fridge.

"Yes." She rolled her eyes and I nodded for her to continue.

"Does your dad know it's that intense?" She asked and concern made an appearance on hr face.

"He knows that I get nervous and overly worry sometimes." I told her and her eyes widened.

I don't have to tell him. He just knows.

"That's all he knows?" She asked and I nodded.

"Rose, you had a full blown attack last night. And all Charles knows is that you get nervous and worried?"

My father is a busy man and he's barely home. My internal issues should not be his concern. He's already stressed enough.

"I have it under control." I told her.

"Which leads me to my second question." She frowned.

"Yeah?"

"Are you taking medication for it?" She asked.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear before looking at her.

"If it gets bad enough, I will talk to someone about it." I told Katelyn and she shook her head at me.

"Rose, I think it might be bad enough." She said and I shook my head to reassure her.

"You're always on edge and you're just scared all the time about things that aren't scary." She continued and I looked down at the countertop.