31

I was eating breakfast on Monday morning when dad walked in the kitchen with his tie in his hand

"Do you know Landon Uni?" He asked me as he fixed his tie and I gave him a nod.

Communicate better.

"Yes." I replied.

"He is in Young Debater's club with me." I told him before looking up at him.

"He is going to be your prom date." He tightens his tie.

The feeling of getting sucker punched doesn't compare to the shock running through my body.

"What?" I asked.

"Well, you're going to need someone to take pictures with and to escort you to prom." He explained as he walked to the coffee pot.

Oh, God.

Comply without complaining.

"Okay." I said before swallowing down bile.

I don't particularly have a problem with Landon, but I don't exactly want him as a date to prom.

"I think he's a nice fit. His father works at the firm and he wants to go into politics. So you'll have some good topics to talk about during dinner and throughout the night." He said as he sipped his coffee.

I swallowed down more bile.

But I mustered up a smile. 

Smile more.

"Thank you." I nodded before pulling my chair out to clear the table. "Thank you for finding me a date."

"What, no protests?"  He asked with a raised eyebrow.

He was prepared for me to argue.

Well sorry to disappoint you dad.

I can be a good daughter too. 

I have made specific changes to my life that will make sure that happens. One of which is, comply without arguing.

"No protests." I smiled at him.

He muttered something incoherent before taking a sip of his coffee.

"I have to head to school, I will see you at dinner." I said to him and he nodded and he frowned in confusion.