35

"What are you going to do with your hair?" Katelyn asked over the phone and I let out an inaudible sigh

"A simple French braid will suffice." I sighed and she gasped.

"Prom is in eight hours and you still don't know what to do with your hair?" She shrieked and I let out a huff.

"I just told you what I'm going to do." I told her

I woke up in a bad mood, because I realized that a week from now, I'll be touring the college of my nightmares.

"Ugh, you're impossible you know that?" She said and the doorbell rang.

"Someone's at the door. I'll talk to you later." I muttered before making my way downstairs.

"Call me in two hours to tell me your progress." She said and I shook my head before hanging up.

The doorbell went off again as I reached for the door. I opened and came face to face with Katelyn and my father.

"What the heck?" I asked with a smile.

"Surprise." She wrapped her arms around me and I glanced up at dad who had a small smile on his face.

"What are you doing here? What about your prom?" I asked Katelyn before pulling away.

"This is only my Junior prom, I still have next year." She grinned. "Besides, Charles thinks that having me as your date will lower the risk of you coming home pregnant."

I looked up at my dad with an appalled look.

"I didn't phrase it like that, but it might be best to go with someone you're comfortable with." He nodded.

"What about Landon?" I asked. "It would be wrong to stand him up like this."

"Rose, this surprise has been underway for the past two weeks. Landon already knows." Katelyn explained and I glanced at her.

"Notice how he didn't bother you with questions like what the color of your dress is so he could have a matching tie?"

"What?" I frowned and she grinned.

"Are you sure about this?" I looked at dad with a frown.

"I'm much more comfortable with this." He nodded and I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Now that that's out of the way, let's get going. We have a lot to do." Katelyn clapped her hands together.

"Starting with your eyebrows." She grimaced before pointing to my face.

"There is nothing wrong with my eyebrows."