34

"My prom shoes should be arriving today

"My prom shoes should be arriving today." Mia announced and I gave her a nod. As usual, Noah and Jonathan were sitting with us.

"That's exciting." I nodded as I watched the cafeteria door open and Liam walked in with a few guys from the baseball team.

I watched them get into the lunch line before turning my attention back to Mia.

"It's a little risky that you ordered them online." Sam frowned. "What if they don't fit?"

"They will." Mia nodded before eating a stale french fry. "If they don't, I'll just wear the ones Noah got me." She smiled.

For his 'promposal' Noah got Mia a pair of black heels saying "If the shoe fits, go to prom with me."

The shoe actually didn't fit and he had to take it back for another size, but she's still going to prom with him.

"What about you Rose?" Sam asked as I watched Liam pay for his lunch.

"All of my prom things have been purchased." I told them as I watched him walk towards our table. He made direct eye contact with me and walking right past me.

The urge to run out of the cafeteria was strong but I fought it back.

"But why won't you show us your dress?" Mia asked and I looked up at her.

"Because I want to show you that I am not incapable of picking out a dress on my own." I told them and Sam narrowed her eyes at me.

"Fine, but if it's long sleeve I'm going to rip the sleeves off." She stated and I shook my head.

"Is it long sleeve?" Mia asked and I gave her a crooked smile.

"Just wait, three more days."

"I just want to know now." She said and the boys started tuning into our conversation.

"Do you actually owe a shirt that isn't long sleeved?" Jonathan asked with a soft smile.

Sure, there's just very few of them.

"Do you have ugly elbows?" Noah asked and my eyebrows pulled in a frown.

"Pardon?"

"Liam is convinced you have ugly elbows. That's why- ow!" He glared at Mia.

"Why did you kick me?" He asked and Jonathan let out a long sigh.

"I swear you're a fucking idiot sometimes." He shook his head and Noah glanced at me with a confused frown.

Because the girls wanted to spare my feelings, they've forced their boyfriends  to make Liam an off topic name. Even though the boys are his best friends.