32

"What is wrong with you today?" Mia asked me and I turned around to face her

"What do you mean?" I asked and she frowned at me.

"You've been looking over your shoulder at Liam the entire class period." She explained and I glanced over my shoulder again.

Liam looked up from his paper before looking up at the board. But before his eyes went back to his paper, he looked in my direction.

I quickly turned away.

"How'd your project turn out? Did you finish it in time?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I love how you blatantly ignored the entire topic of Liam." She rolled her eyes before writing down th notes on the board.

"But yes, I finished my project in time. And it looked damn good if I do say so myself." She dusted off her shoulders.

"I'm glad you finished in time." I nodded before tuning in slightly to what Mrs. Knowles was saying.

The bell rang, cutting Mrs Knowles off and everyone started gathering their things.

"See you guys tomorrow." She sighed before taking a seat on her chair.

"I have a question." I said as I placed my back pack on.

"What's up?"

"Do you know a Natalie Bell?" I asked. "The name seemed familiar and I'm trying to figure out why.

Mia's eyebrows pulled down in a frown as she thought about the name.

The name that is all over the papers I read about Liam.

"Oh." Mia snapped her fingers bringing my attention back to her.

"Natalie Bell use to date Liam." She nodded and my eyes widened. "Yeah, they dated for almost three months. They had a nasty breakup apparently."

Probably because of what Liam did.

"Why do ask?" Mia raised an eyebrow at me.

"No reason, I just saw that name the other day and it seemed familiar." I shrugged nonchalantly. But my stomach was fighting hard to keep from vomiting.

"Speaking of the other day, do you know if you're valedictorian yet, I got an email that said I made it in the Honors List?" She said with a smile and I shook my head no.

"It's between me and Joseph Patel." I replied with a sigh. "But congratulations on Honor List.

The entire thing is stressing me out.